Staying at home during the COVID-19 outbreak will help the spread of the virus and “level the curve” to keep hospitals from operating above capacity. Social distancing could end up saving hundreds of thousands of lives.
But we know you’re going stir crazy! So we’ve come up with some ideas that you can do to avoid cabin fever and maybe even support your local businesses at the same time. Some ideas involve being outside and some you can do in your home.
The Governor’s “Stay At Home” order still allows you to travel to do outdoor activities. Parks are still open, but please remember to only travel with those in your household and stay 6′ or more from others who are out and about.
- Tune into Miss Sue from Mason County District Library for story time on Facebook.
- Complete a free online workout class thanks to Northstar Fitness and M. Wellness.
- Shop for an updated insurance quote via the phone from Farmers Insurance, Lenz-Balder Insurance or Smith & Eddy.
- Go for a bike ride on the area mountain bike trails.
- Go for a hike at Ludington State Park.
- Go for a walk through Cartier Park, Waterfront Park or Stearns Park.
- Grab take out from one of our open downtown restaurants and have an outdoor picnic.
- Check out a digital book from the Mason County District Library.
- Clean our your closet and pack clothes you (or the kids) don’t wear anymore to take to Cedar Chest or My Sister’s Closet (or ABC Kidz) when the shutdown has passed.
- Complete LACA’s Art Bingo challenge or Virtual Talent Show.
- Shop at your favorite downtown shop using their online store.
- Stock up on necessities at Biercamp Market.
- Leave reviews for your favorite downtown businesses on Facebook, Google, Yelp or Trip Adviser.
- Subscribe to Nautical Yarn’s monthly kits and crochet or knit away the time!
- Complete Lotus’s weekly Yoga Pose Challenge
- Check out the Ludington Daily News Harbor Cam.
- Watch Marine Traffic and Ludington Ship Watch to see if any ships are coming into port.
- Go for a run! We’ve extended our Virtual Irish Jog 5k/10k registration until March 27th.