STAY IN THE LOOP
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
OPEN THURSDAY, AUGUST 12
Blu Moon Bistro – Open
Chef John’s – Open with limited menu
Crown & Cork – Open
Jamesport Brewing Co – Open
Kilwins Ludington – Open
Krave Frozen Yogurt – Open
House of Flavors – Open
HumaniTea – Open
Luciano Ristoranti – Open
Ludington Bay Brewing Co – Open
Ludington Pub – Open
Red Rooster Coffee – Open
Sandbar – Open
Timber’s Bar & Grill – Open
The Alley Bar – Open
The Grand – Open, no soup
CLOSED THURSDAY, AUGUST 12
Brenda’s Harbor Cafe – CLOSED THURS
Cafe 106 – CLOSED THURS
Old Hamlin – CLOSED THURS
Q Smokehouse – CLOSED THURS
Sportsmans – CLOSED THURS
Table 14 – CLOSED THURS
The Mitten – CLOSED THURS
WEEK IN REVIEW
CULTURE & MEDIA
- LACA added some new workshops to their line up, including Beaded Cabochon, Glass Bead, Paper Tile Painting, Art Quilt Wall Hanging, and a 9/11 20th Anniversary Flag.
- Mason County Historical Society
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum shared a YouTube link for the recording of The Amazing & Almost True Tall Tale of Ossawald Crumb and The Michigan White Pine.
- The Library posted some suggested reading for those who like Ted Lasso and for those waiting for The Last Thing He Told Me.
- WMOM covered the weigh in of the new state record Chinook Salmon, reeled in off the shore of Ludington. The fish tipped the scales at 47.87, breaking the record of 46lb caught in 1978.
- AGS is running a $15 sale on zipper hoodies and 25% off throw pillows until the end of August.
- Avenue’s End Mini Mall showed off their lighthouse items for National Lighthouse Day.
- Babe’s Candy Land opened Monday at 305 S James St.
- Backstage Hobbies & Games will be offering pre-release kits of Sword & Shield Evolving Skies starting August 14th.
- Giving Tree Garden Center featured some frog planters. They are running a sale on perennials. Buy 5 Get 1 free.
- Ludington Hobbies announced that they will be opening a second location in Manistee.
- Ludington Wood & Craft featured a set of walnut wall sconces and the bull ring shot games they have in the shop.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark started their Triple Points Week August 9th. The event, which gets you 3 points for every $1 you spend, will end August 15th. Not a Crown Rewards Member? Sign up is simple and fast. Do it online at hallmark.com or in store to reap all the great benefits there are for Crown Rewards Members.
- My Sister’s Closet announced that this is the last week for summer drop offs. They will begin taking fall items next week.
- Nautical Yarn will host a macrame class August 17th & 24th via Zoom (6-7:30pm). Register online.
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique featured this dog print by Magnetic Me and these super cute beach toy buckets.
- Spindrift Cyclesports has comfort bikes in stock!
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique snapped a few pics of the shop including their expanded skin care section. They celebrated 1 year in Downtown Ludington last week!
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography have the cover and a multi-page spread in the latest issue of Bay Life Magazine. Flip to page 36 to check it out.
- Victoria’s Jewelry mentioned that they carry sorority jewelry.
- Windowsill featured this adult venting journal that hit the shelves today.
- Chef John’s re-opened after a COVID case shutdown. Bread // Cinnamon Buns // Quiche
- Crown & Cork was one of the stops on the Spectrum Health Community Foundation tour. Their theme was Scotland.
- HumaniTea threw a shout out to their employees.
“We need to just take a moment to recognize these people right here. In a world where so many businesses are struggling to find employees, we feel so ridiculously grateful for this crew. They are the ones who have shown up with a smile, gone above and beyond, and worked with diligence and integrity. And we just needed to take a moment to publicly say how much we appreciate these humans.”
- Jamesport Brewing Co // Bloody Mary
- Ludington Bay Brewing Co reminded us that their back patio is dog friendly!
- Sportsman’s // Steamed Shrimp
- Table 14 // French Style Cheesecake // Basil & Citrus Zested Halibut
- The Mitten Bar // The board as of August 9th
Ludington was featured in 10best.com’s article “Road trip loop: Escape to beautiful beach towns in the Midwest“.
- LACA // Exhibit – ‘more or less’ VanWyck Generations of Creativity
- LACA // Exhibit – My Backyard: Paintings by Judy Peters
THURSDAY – AUGUST 12
- Nat’l Vinyl Record Day – Visit Vintage Nutz
- EVEREST ATHLEISURE // 15% storewide sale // 10am
- NAUTICAL YARN // Knit & Crochet on the Patio 1-3pm
- LEGACY PLAZA // Live in the Plaza // 5-8pm
- SPINDRIFT // Single Track Group Bike Ride // 6pm
- ROTARY PARK // Movies In The Park // Dusk
FRIDAY – AUGUST 13
- Nat’l Left Handers Day
- SANDCASTLES // Friday’s on the Deck
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Craft Bags // 11am-3pm
- LIBRARY / Rock n’ Roll Animals (Live music and sing along) // 1-2pm
- LEGACY PLAZA // Farmers Market // 3-7pm
- LUDINGTON BAY BREWING CO // Live Music feat. The Wildwoods // 6-9pm
SATURDAY – AUGUST 14
- World Lizard Day – Go visit Bindi at Sandcastles Children’s Museum!
- ROTARY PARK // Gold Coast Artisan Fair
- SANDBAR // Live Music feat. Mr. Whooha // 8pm
SUNDAY – AUGUST 15
- Nat’l Leathercraft Day
- ROTARY PARK // Gold Coast Artisan Fair
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
MONDAY – AUGUST 16
- Nat’l Rum Day
- SANDCASTLES // Messy Mondays // Car Painting
- LIBRARY // Kids Outdoor Activities // 1-2pm
- Happy Birthday to Marsha Mauluchnik, owner of Evergreen Natural Foods Market
TUESDAY – AUGUST 17
- Nat’l Nonprofit Day
- Taco Tuesday
- SANDCASTLES // Toddler Tuesday
- LIBRARY // Outdoor Story Time // 10-11am
- STEARNS BEACH (NORTH END) // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
- LACA // Courtyard Concert feat. Fremont John // 7pm
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // 6pm // Girls Bike Ride Night
WEDNESDAY – AUGUST 18