Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
CULTURE & MEDIA
- LACA announced the return of Workshop Wednesdays with Deb Borema. he will begin Wednesday, Sept. 29. This free after school art and craft program takes place at the Ludington Area Center for the Arts each Wednesday during the school year from 3:30-5 pm. Children must be at least 5 years old to participate.
The Courtyard Concert series is back, as well. Click here for the schedule and tickets.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum hosted bunnies last week.
- The Library continues to record Pandemic Tales. They were at the Western Michigan Fair last week with free books.
- ABC Kidz has a big sale happening! 50% off summer items.
- All Occasions Events & Floral shared some photos by Heather Heigel Photography of some beautiful floral arrangements they designed for a recent wedding.
- Babe’s Candyland has been sharing photos of the sweet stuff they have in the shop, including Jelly Bellies, licorice, wax bottles and more!
- Backstage Hobbies & Games has an Atari 2600 with 6 switches and a couple Sega systems. They also have a line of Michigan themed tees, including the new Captain Falcon design.
- Book Mark showcased this Harry Potter Knitting Magic book… and we happen to know where you can find all the supplies you need!
- Evergreen Natural Foods Market has more beautiful throws in stock. Use them as a light weight blanket, table cloth or beach blanket. We think the tiger print would make such a cute baby blanket!! These are fair trade made in India using vibrantly colored, upcycled fabrics. Each piece is hand stitched and brings the essence of India into your home to create a festive and cheerful atmosphere.
- Gliks has the popular Hey Dude shoes and they are machine washable. They posted How To Clean in 8 Easy Steps. They also showed us this cute outfit with an Aztec print shacket.
- Instrumental Music showed us the new, vibrant Cort Action Series basses that are working their way into our shop. Stop in to check them out! There are three different colors – Open Pore Black, Open Pore Black Cherry, and Open Pore Walnut.
- Ludington Yacht Sales threw some ukudos out to the marina staff that was charged with cleaning up the weeds blown in by the storm. They also have a 2022 Catalina sailboat on the For Sale list right now.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark showcased their Cherry Republic items this week including Cherry Queso and Summer Sausage.
- My Sister’s Closet showed us some jackets that will help with the transition to fall.
- Nautical Yarn showed off a cute Christmas doll that they are working on. They also announced that they now have Makers Canvas Bags in the shop. These handcrafted canvas bags are made from water-repellent waxed natural canvas. They are durable, functional and long lasting; perfectly made to keep all your knitting projects & tools organized and ready to go at a moment’s notice.
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique has a new shipment of Copper Pearl that just hit the racks. They also introduced a new brand: Adorable Sweetness
- Snyder’s Shoes staff is at the Atlanta Shoe Market buying for next Spring.
- Spindrift Cyclesports showed us how to use your market basket.
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique carries Wish String Bracelets. You make a wish, tie on the bracelet and when the thread wears thin and breaks, your wish will come true!… so they say! 🙂 They also shared some Back To School styles.
- The Lake. The Life. The Dream. showed us the sign wall with new letters.
- Victoria’s Jewelry showed us some of the celestial styles they have available. They also posted a size graphic for wedding bands.
- Windowsill New & Used Books shared the link to their August newsletter. You still have time to read the book of the month and join the Book Club at HumaniTea on August 25th.
- Chef John’s // Cookies // Featured Sandwich
- Crown & Cork // Banana’s Foster // Aztec Alfredo
- Jamesport Brewing Co // Crab Salad Croissant
- Kilwins // Sea-salt Caramel Ice Cream
- Krave Frozen Yogurt // Salted Caramel Froyo
- Ludington Bay Brewing Co // Pineapple Cream Ale is back on // Featured in Go Here, Do This: Ludington
- Timber’s Bar & Grill // Surf & Turf
- The Mitten Bar announced that 5 Mitten Mug Club members (#s 185, 148, 66, 77, and 13) will get complimentary tickets to the SOLD OUT Suds on the Shore beer festival this weekend! And here is the board as of August 16th.
- Adora Studio of Hair posted a few pics of their beautiful color creations for the week.
- Avenue’s End Tours has an opening for a female to share a room with another female on the Branson Trip this November 1-6. Price is $695 which includes many Christmas shows, bud ride, motels, and several dinners.
- Northstar Fitness added an Inversion Workshop on August 28th from 11am-1pm for just $25! Turn your world upside down as we explore inversions in depth. We’ll practice warm-up and prep poses to get us ready, then we will begin to change our perspective as we stand on our heads, hands and forearms! We’ll take it step-by-step as we work through those common fears associated with going upside down.
- West Shore Bank has a position opening for VP Marketing Manager.
THURSDAY – AUGUST 19
- Nat’l Potato Day
- STATE PARK // Bus Day to the Lighthouse
- NAUTICAL YARN // Knit & Crochet on the Patio 1-3pm
- LUDINGTON BAY // Pop-Up Vaccine Clinic // 2-4pm // Free and all 3 vaccine brands are available
- LEGACY PLAZA // Live in the Plaza feat. Gabrial James // 5-8pm
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // Group Mountain Bike Ride // 6pm
- ROTARY PARK //RESCHEDULED TO AUGUST 26TH!
FRIDAY – AUGUST 20
- Nat’l Radio Day – Tune in to WMOM 102.7fm!
- SANDCASTLES // Friday’s on the Deck: Legos
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Craft Bags // 11am-3pm
- LEGACY PLAZA // Farmers Market // 3-7pm
- ART BY MARY CASE // Ludington’s Family Tree Mural Workshop // 4-6pm // Design your own tile leaf, apple or branch that will be part of the art install in the restroom vestibule at Legacy Plaza.
- LUDINGTON BAY BREWING CO // Live Music feat. Redux // 6pm
SATURDAY – AUGUST 21
- World Honey Bee Day
- Nat’l Senior Citizens Day – Check out the Senior Center!
- ROTARY PARK // Suds On The Shore // 12pm **SOLD OUT**
- SANDBAR // Live Music feat. Big Cadillac// 8pm
- SS BADGER // Shoreline Cruise // 9pm
SUNDAY – AUGUST 22
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
- Happy Birthday to Noelle from Salon 22
MONDAY – AUGUST 23
- Nat’l Cuban Sandwich Day
- SANDCASTLES // Messy Mondays// Watermelon Slime
- THE MITTEN // Mug Club Night
TUESDAY – AUGUST 24
- Nat’l Waffle Day
- Taco Tuesday
- SANDCASTLES // Toddler Tuesday
- LIBRARY // Outdoor Story Time // 10am
- STEARNS BEACH (NORTH END) // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // 6pm // Girls Bike Ride Night
- LACA // Knittin at the Mitten in the Courtyard // 6pm
- LACA // Glass Bead Workshop // 6pm
WEDNESDAY – AUGUST 25
- Nat’l Banana Split Day
- Nat’l Secondhand Wardrobe Day
- SANDCASTLES CHILDREN’S MUSEUM // Water Safety Wednesday
- LIBRARY // Outdoor Story Time // 10am
- LUDINGTON BAY BREWING CO // Mug Members Day
- WATERFRONT PARK // LACA Summer Concert Series // 7pm