STAY IN THE LOOP
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
CULTURE & MEDIA
- LACA has announced a survey to help with their strategic planning. If you are interested in the direction of the art center, taking the survey give you an opportunity to give feedback on Programs, Performance Arts, and Facilities.
JOB OPENING : part time office assistant
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum shared a blog written by KzooKids.com that includes 14 Family Friendly Things To Do In Ludington. They also announced that they will be open for the Fall and Winter on Sundays from 12-4pm.
- The Library shared the September New & Forthcoming Fiction books for adults, a Books About Dogs list for kids, and a collection of media on Hoopla which you can access with your library card.
- ABC Kidz is hosting a huge summer blowout sale. All orange tags will be 75% off. Purple tags are 50% off. Fall clothes are hitting the racks.
- AJ’s Party Port posted some new hats they have available.
- All Occasions Events & Floral showed off some of their wedding arrangements. The Hansens (photo by Broard Bent Photography), the Bishops (photos by Christina Leskovar Photography), and Whitney & Fred (photos by Dostal Digital & Design).
- Avenue’s End Mini Mall showed off some beach toys. The August heat is in full force, so go enjoy the beach while you can!
- Babe’s Candyland featured Gum Drops, Jawbreakers, Candy Bananas, Good & Plentys, Cones, and Rock Candy this week. They have gift certificates available.
- Backstage Hobbies & Games has the new Evolving Skies Pokemon sets. They also showcased a new castle dice tower from Role Initiative.
- Book Mark showcased from brewing and wine making books inspired by Suds On The Shore.
- Evergreen Natural Foods Market showed us more beautiful throws. They added Dark Water Coffee to their line up, so they now carry two local roasters.
- Giving Tree Garden Center has 25% off all perennials and grasses. They also have Butterfly Bushes 15.99, ‘Paliban’ Lilac 17.99, Boxwood #1 8.99, ‘Cesky Gold’ Dwarf Birch 19.99, ‘Tiny Wine Gold’ Ninebark 13.99, Mt. Laurel 34.99, ‘Fireball’ Hibiscus 17.99, and ‘Blaze’ Climbing Rose 14.99. Their last day is August 29th.
- Gliks has a new general manager! Meet Kim!
- Gordys posted a pic of their crew.
- Ludington Wood & Craft showed us a tabletop plant stand and a cutting board that they have in the shop.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark introduced Stonewall Kitchen jams, jellies, mustards and spreads. They also showcased the Javasok and the restocked Gourmet Cotton Candy.
JOB OPENING: Customer Service Sales Professional
- My Sister’s Closet featured this outfit.
JOB OPENING: Retail Sales Associate
- Nautical Yarn ‘s owner Carole introduced herself on Facebook. She is a knitter and crocheter. They posted their fall newsletter (with their upcoming class list. Their Love Knitting Weekend will be held November 5-7, 2021 and you can register now.
- Opus set up shop at Hippie Fest in Saugatuck last weekend.
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique featured this cute waffled onsie. Scroll their page for more features. They have been amping up their “Mama” section with items like these shirts and hats.
- Snyder’s Shoes posted a new product alert! Check em out here.
- Spindrift Cyclesports’s racks are full of new bikes!
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique has been posting Back To School styles. They are also taking pre-orders for Pete & Lucy Thanksgiving outfits. And check out these Color Changing Water Footballs! They also just announced that they will be moving to 323 S James St and they have a moving sale in full swing.
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography snapped this pic of the storm front coming through yesterday. Their new book 50 Years Seeing Michigan Through A Lens is at the gallery. It features 384 pages of photos, stories and recollections of locations all around Michigan. If you’re interested in learning from Brad or Todd, they offer private lessons in addition to their group workshops.
- Trailhead Bike Shop has electric bikes in the shop
- Victoria’s Jewelry featured a beautiful eternity band stack.
- Vintage Nutz featured the new vinyl that they have in the shop.
- Windowsill posted a few suggested reads this week, including The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie and Pulse by Michael Harvey. Click on the links to read the reviews.
- Blu Moon Bistro // King Crab // Filet // Island Fizz (cucumber, citrus & lime)
JOB OPENINGS: Servers, Dishwashers, Cooks, and Bussers
- Brenda’s Harbor Cafe
JOB OPENING: Busser
- Chef John’s // Chef Salad // Cinnamon Rolls // Quiche // Bread
- Crown & Cork // Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Keeper’s Fish Shack // Hand Breaded Shrimp // *new hours-now closed on Tuesdays*
- Kilwins // Ice Cream Cake // Ice Cream
- Krave Frozen Yogurt has peanut butter cup on tap
- Table 14 // Crawfish Cake // Pistachio Encrusted Seared Salmon
- Timber’s Bar & Grill has their LOSD permit! // Surf & Turf
- The Mitten Bar // Board as of August 23
- Adora Studio of Hair worked on some blonde this week.
- M. Wellness reminded us to eat breakfast to jump start our metabolism for the day.
- Northstar Fitness announced a Vinyasa Flow class on Mondays at 9:30am and Tuesdays at 5:45pm.
- Northstar Chiropractic told us about the benefits of Massage and Chiropractic and how they can help relieve pain and stress on the body.
- West Shore Bank has a job opening for VP Marketing Manager.
- LACA – Exhibit: My Backyard : Paintings by Judy Peters
- LACA – Exhibit: More or Less : Generations of Creative Expression
THURSDAY – AUGUST 26
- Nat’l Just Because Day
- NAUTICAL YARN // Knit & Crochet on the Patio 1-3pm
- LEGACY PLAZA // Live in the Plaza // 5-8pm
- STEARNS PARK // Ludington Alley Roll // 6:30pm
This is a social bike ride with a relaxed pace riding the alleys and back streets of town. The ride will begin and end near the south concession stand at the city beach. The ride coincides with the Beach Bonfire that begins at 8:00 pm, so bring a chair and some refreshments if you want to stick around for more fun!
- STEARNS BEACH // Pure Ludington Sunset Bonfire feat. Sunset Groove// 8-10pm
- ROTARY PARK // Movies In The Park // Dusk
FRIDAY – AUGUST 27
- Nat’l Red Wine Day
- National Thoughtful Day
- SANDCASTLES // Friday’s on the Deck feat. Recycle Creation Station // 11am
- LUDINGTON MUNICIPAL MARINA // West Michigan Boat/RV/Outdoor/Home Show // 11am-5pm
Live Music feat. : Tom Zatarga @ 1:30pm // Fremont John @4:30pm //
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Craft Bags // 11am-3pm
- LIBRARY // End of Summer Reading Party // 11am
- LEGACY PLAZA // Farmers Market // 3-7pm
- DOWNTOWN // Final Friday Experience // 3-9pm in the plaza // 6-9pm in the LOSD district
- LUDINGTON BAY BREWING // Live Music feat. Michigan Mafia String Band
SATURDAY – AUGUST 28
- Nat’l Lemon Juice Day
- STEARNS PARK BEACH (north) // Northstar Fitness’ Last Beach Workout & Yoga event // Free // 9am
- LETA’S EDUCATIONAL DAY CARE // Multi Family Yard Sale // 9am
- LUDINGTON MUNICIPAL MARINA // West Michigan Boat/RV/Outdoor/Home Show // 11am-8pm
Live Music feat. : Jimmy Dodson @11am // Cheryl Wolfram @2pm // Joe Stickney @5pm
- NORTHSTAR FITNESS // Inversion Workshop // 11am
- LACA // Watercolor Workshop w/ Susan Lingg // 1pm
- SANDBAR // Live Music feat. Brownstate // 8pm
SUNDAY – AUGUST 29
- Nat’l Toasted Marshmallow Day
- National Beach Day
- LUDINGTON MUNICIPAL MARINA // West Michigan Boat/RV/Outdoor/Home Show // 11am-5pm
Live Music feat. : Live Music feat. : Redux @11am // Lynn Callihan @2pm
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
- Happy Birthday to Lisa Dains
MONDAY – AUGUST 30
- Nat’l Trail Mix Day // Get some at Wesco, Evergreen, and Babe’s Candy Land
- MITTEN BAR // Mug Clug Night
- SANDCASTLES :// Messy Mondays
- Happy Birthday to Karen Haldeman
TUESDAY – AUGUST 31
- Nat’l Burnt Ends Day
- Taco Tuesday
- SANDCASTLES // Toddler Tuesday
- LIBRARY // Tell Your Pandemic Tale // 10am-1:30pm
- STEARNS BEACH (NORTH END) // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // 6pm // Girls Bike Ride Night
- LACA // Courtyard Concert feat. Mike Lenich // $5 // 7-9pm
- Happy Birthday to Christine Lamb from West Shore Bank
WEDNESDAY – SEPTEMBER 1
- Nat’l Blueberry Popsicle Day ?
- LUDINGTON BAY BREWING // Members Day
- FOSTER SCHOOL // 4th & 5th Grade Back To School Night // 6pm
- LACA // September 11th 20th Anniversary Commemorative Flag Workshop // 6:30pm
- WATERFRONT PARK // LACA Summer Concert Series feat. Headwinds Blues Project // 7pm
- Happy Birthday to Heather Coates from Chef Johns, Tess Ambrose from Red Rooster Coffee