TALK OF THE TOWN: FEB 11, 2021
Kudos: And congrats to Charley and Ryland from Gordy’s on their crowning of MCC class of 2021 king and queen.
Business Feature: Red Rooster Coffee & Community
207 S James St
Ludington, MI 49431
RR Coffee and Community is all about gathering together with friends and family and enjoying a delicious beverage! Coffee, people, and kung fu are just a few things that matter to us! Come and hang out with us!!
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
- Plaza construction continues and the sidewalk has reopened along the east side.
- Backstage Hobbies & Games has some Nintendo handhelds in stock. They go fast!
- My Sister’s Closet has a big sale going on! 50% off EVERYHING (including designer handbags) and 65% off clearance through the end of February.
- Northsar Fitness announced that cycling is back. Mondays at 5:45pm with Tiffany and Thursdays at 5:30am with Hilary.
- Gliks has told us that they will be re-opening this may and they are hiring
- ABC Kidz is have a huge winter sale on Saturday. They have added new items to the racks. You’ll find $1 items and 75% off everything else.
- Northstar Nutrition announced a digital nutrition course
- TBT – Ludington Daily News posted an interesting article about what could be Ludington’s oldest home.
- Krave announced that they will have a few extra breakable hearts, cheesecake, and lollipops available on Friday 3-6pm and Saturday 12-5pm. These items sold out in pre-sale and will go fast at the store so get there early!
- AGS Gift Shop has $5 kitchen towels now through the end of February
Valentine’s Day Is SATURDAY!
RETAIL SALES + SPECIALS
- All Occasions Events & Floral : FREE small box of chocolates with any pre-order for Valentine’s Day of $40 or more. Orders must be placed by end of day on February 9th, 2021. We are also offering specials for walk in customers and pick up only customers. Delivery dates for Valentine’s Day floral gifts will be done through Saturday February 13th.
- Everest Athleisure : For the 14 days, leading up to Valentine’s Day, they will be offering daily discounts and a giveaway. For every purchase over $50 between now and February 14th, you will qualify for an Apple TV giveaway!
- Krave Frozen Yogurt & Candy Shoppe : Hot cocoa bombs, breakable hearts made of gourmet chocolate, frozen cheesecake dipped in chocolate with a side of sauce on a stick to go, hazelnut chocolate croissants to go, and Valentine’s Day mugs with hot cocoa bombs will be available Friday 2/12 3-6pm and Sat 2/13 12-5pm.
- Red Rooster Coffee & Community : Will be teaming up with All Occasions Floral for Valentine’s Day! You’ll find some beautiful bouquets set up at the Rooster February 11-13th that you can bundle up with a gift card to make the perfect present for your loved one.
- Ludington Holistic Health : 1 Hour Couples Massage including chocolates, wine, grapes, and cheese for only $195. Saturday, February 13 only – Limited Appointments Available.
Call now to schedule for you and your Valentine! 231-425-HOPE (4673)
- Jamesport Brewing Co // Indoor Dining // Take Out
Click here for PDF menu which includes details on the following appetizers, entrees and desserts: Crab stuffed Jumbo Shrimp, Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates, Tenderloin fillet, Sriracha Glazed Scallops, Apple Brie Chicken Beurre Blanc, Triple Chocolate Bistro Cake, and White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake.
- Ludington Bay Brewing Co // Indoor Dining // Take Out
CHICKEN PARMESAN – Tender penne pasta topped with house made Red Sauce and crispy fried breast of chicken. Served with choice of side House or Caesar salad. $16. Raspberry Walnut Salad – Baby spinach topped with fresh raspberries, walnuts, red onion and goat cheese served with Sherry Vinaigrette. $10. Warm Chocolate Brownie with Caramel Drizzle $4
- Old Hamlin // Indoor Dining // Take Out
Prime rib dinner 14oz, includes potato of choice, soup, salad, and homemade bread $19.99 already available and available all weekend.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
THURSDAY – FEB 11
- Nat’l National Shut-In Visitation Day : serves as a reminder to bring some cheerful company to people who are unable to leave their homes. Visiting a person who is shut-in makes a positive difference in that person’s life.
- Nat’l Giving Hearts Day : Big hearts give big on National Giving Hearts Day! On the second Thursday in February each year, the celebration offers one of the best opportunities to donate to your favorite charity.
- SANDCASTLES : At Home Art Activity : Valentine Hearts Project
FRIDAY – FEB 12
- Nat’l No One Eats Alone Day : We’re noticing a theme. It is always difficult this month without the sunshine, but days are getting longer and you can get Vitamin D at the Evergreen!
- SANDCASTLES : Freaky Friday
- LIBRARY – Family Fun Bags – 11am-3pm – pick up a craft bag from the library. This week’s theme is… you guessed it! Valentine’s Day!
- LACA – Duets and Blooms & Beaches exhibit Receptions
Blooms & Beaches : artwork by Ellen Niemann and Bill Kokx. In this watercolor exhibit, florals (Niemann) and landscapes (Kokx) are brought together in a bright and calming exhibit that sends us all into thoughts of spring. The show will be on display in LACA’s Main Floor Gallery from February 5-26.
Opening reception this coming Friday from 5-8 pm – Make a reservation
Duets : will be on display in the Performance Hall Gallery, February 5-26. Local artists and amateurs paired with their friends, family, spouses, and neighbors to create a joint piece of artwork, which were then submitted for display in this unique exhibit.
Opening reception for Duets will take place concurrently with the reception for Blooms & Beaches, this coming Friday from 5-8 pm – Make a reservation
Reservations are required for these events – Make a reservation
The exhibits can be viewed without a reservation during LACA’s normal operating hours, Tuesday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Couples Valentines Race (put on by the St. Simon Young Adult Ministry) – Not sure how to spice things up this Valentine’s Day? Join us for a race around town, with your better half, competing against other couples to showcase your love and commitment to thrashing the competition via a selfie scavenger hunt. You’ll recreate memories, create new ones, and kindle the fire of passion(ate competition!) All activities are optional, and will be safe for Covid times. If the exact time frame doesn’t work for the scavenger hunt, please let me know and I can send you the scavenger hunt list for you to complete (honor system) on your own time. The race will take 1 hour to complete and then couples will meet virtually to showcase (screen-share)their evidence of awesomeness (all the Selfies they have snapped along the way) The winning couple will win a future date night kit. Rsvp to make sure we can deliver your scavenger hunt kit in time for the big day! The Zoom to determine the winners will still be Friday, Feb 12th at 7:30pm (bring your pics and videos and be ready to share them!).
SATURDAY – FEB 13
- Nat’l Galentine’s Day : brings women together to celebrate each other every year the day before Valentine’s day. Grab your girls and go on the Chocolate Walk!
- Chocolate Walk – Downtown Ludington from 1-5pm – Register on Eventbrite to get your map via email. Head out on the town for an afternoon of exploring, shopping, and treats!
- LACA – Virtual Dinner Theater – 10 Ways to Survive Life in Quarantine. The $20 ticket price is per device, so snuggle up with your partner, roommate, or pet and enjoy a one-of-a-kind show we hope we never relate to as much as we do right now.
SUNDAY – FEB 14
- Valentine’s Day
- Open on Sunday: Blu Moon Bistro, Jamesport Brewing Co., Luciano Ristoranti, Ludington Pub, Old Hamlin, and Sportsmans (take-out only).
- Cheryl from All Occasions Floral & Events
- Joe Sanders
MONDAY – FEB 15
- Nat’l Wisconsin Day – Hello to our neighbors to the west! The SS Badger starts sailing May 20, connecting our two states with a fun, four hour boat ride.
- SANDCASTLES : Make At Home Snack
- Gordie Davidson (organ grinder)
- Annie Hudson
- Chef Jason at Blu Moon
TUESDAY – FEB 16
- Nat’l Paczki Day – Wesco is taking pre-orders. Order online for curbside or in-store pickup.
- Fat Tuesday
- SANDCASTLES : Toddler Tuesday Craft
WEDNESDAY – FEB 17
- Nat’l Random Acts of Kindness Day : As a favorite celebration for many, people everywhere are enjoying doing these acts of kindness. Not only do the acts of kindness bring joy to the receiver, but they spread positive reactions to the giver, too!
- Ash Wednesday : Start of Lent… and the Fish Fry season! 🙂 Stay tuned and we’ll tell you who will have Friday Fish Fry meals for the next 40 days.