TALK OF THE TOWN: FEB 18, 2021
Kudos: Everest Athleisure for supporting March Reading Month.
They will be donating books to local schools, funded by a portion of proceeds from store sales from Feb 19-28. You can shop the downtown Ludington store Friday & Saturday 12-5:30pm and Sunday 12pm-4pm.
Feature: Mason County District Library / Connect Mason County Initiative
Special Guests Eric Smith and Monica Schuyler
Live in Mason County? Take The Survey
Connecting Mason County is a grassroots collaborative effort to provide better broadband internet access to Mason County, Michigan.
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
- Shout out to our new Friends for 2021! Ludington Bay Brewing Company, Five Star Real Estate and Ludington Beverage Company all confirmed their support of Downtown Ludington this week. They are catalysts for making Ludington a place where people love to live, work and play! THANK YOU!
- Mariellen’s Hallmark has Mini Brands!
- Backstage Hobbies & Games new game alert : Song Saga : the game that gets people sharing the stories and soundtrack of their lives.
Straight from their website: Take a musical trip down memory lane with Song Saga! Play the #1 hit music and storytelling party game that helps you remember how much fun life used to be.
- We posted our “12 Ways To Beat The Winter Blues” list. Get ideas for how to get through these last few weeks of winter.
- Have you seen the menu items Blu Moon Bistro has been posting on Facebook? UM… YUM!
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique has an online store and a reminder that they will do virtual shopping sessions as well! Check out the new Spring line on the floor.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
ONGOING – FEBRUARY
- LACA : Blooms & Beaches Exhibit : Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- LACA: Duets Exhibit : Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- LACA : Application for West Shore Art Fair
- MY SISTER’S CLOSET : Winter Sale through February
THURSDAY – FEB 18
- Nat’l Drink Wine Day
- SANDCASTLES : At Home Art Activity : Snow Volcano
- Interlake Steamship Company : Meet the Chief Engineer on the Oberstar // 12:30pm
- Birthday – John Marek, from Marek Music Makers and our FNL Magician/Balloon Animal Maker
FRIDAY – FEB 19
- Nat’l Lash Day – Lash services at Foxy’s and Salon 22
- SANDCASTLES : Freaky Friday
- LIBRARY – Family Fun Bags : Marble Run
Make your own marble runs! We’ve included building materials for marble runs – drinking straws, pipe cleaners, string, and (of course) marbles. You can use other materials from around the house! WARNING: marbles are a CHOKING HAZARD Bags will be outside the libraries on Friday from 11 am to 3 pm. Call the library if you don’t see any bags and we will bring more out. One bag per family, please.
SATURDAY – FEB 20
- Nat’l Comfy Day
SUNDAY – FEB 21
- Nat’l Grain-Free Day
MONDAY – FEB 22
- Nat’l Margarita Day – Get them to go at Jamesport or Blu Moon
- SANDCASTLES : Make At Home Snack
- LIBRARY : Miss Emily’s Babytime
Posted every Monday on the library’s Facebook page
- HumaniTea : Artisan Candle Making Workshop : 6:30pm
TUESDAY – FEB 23
- Nat’l Banana Bread Day
- SANDCASTLES : Toddler Tuesday Craft
- Birthdays : Ginny Gustafson, from Gustafson’s Greenhouse which grows our beautiful downtown hanging petunia baskets.
WEDNESDAY – FEB 24
- Nat’l Tortilla Chip Day
- Webinar : Social Media Photography – Tell Your Story Visually : 3pm : $5
Learn the importance of telling your business story visually – hosted by Ludington Area Chamber of Commerce with Jen Tooman leading the webinar.
- LACA : Chaotic Cat Workshop : 7pm
Each Chaotic Cat Workshop Box includes: 1 reclaimed wood board, cat outlines, paint (2 oz. of each of the following colors, red, blue, yellow, black, white and brown), access to a short video with instructions to prep your board and log-in information for a LIVE online class planned for Wednesday, Feb. 24. During the online class students will receive instructions from Coleman and will also be able to interact and ask questions.
Cost of the Chaotic Cat Workshop Box is $35 for pick-up at LACA or delivery in Mason County) or $50 for boxes shipped to your door. Boxes cannot be picked up the same day as they are made-to-order. Please allow up to 3 business days. Additional paint colors and or brushes can be ordered for an additional fee. ORDER NOW
UPCOMING – MARCH
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – Stay tuned for more info on this event!
- Irish Jog 5k/10k
- Virtual Pub Crawl
- Irish I Was Shopping Scavenger Hunt