TALK OF THE TOWN: FEB 25, 2021
Ludington Yacht Sales/The Lake. The Life. The Dream.
Special Guest on the live show : Adam Lamb (owner)
123 E Ludington Ave
Ludington, MI 49431
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
- The Ludington Outdoor Social District (LOSD) has passed City Council. What’s next? What can you expect? Tune into the live show to find out more.
- St. Patrick’s Celebrations
- 23 Days until Spring!
- AGS Gift Shop : Plug Earrings Buy One, Get One 50% off
- Mariellen’s Hallmark : Easter fun!
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique : New Spring Items
- ABC Kidz : Bag Sale // BAG SALE… Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Fill a bag for $10 bucks on our clearance items. PLUS… all regular consignment is 50% off.
- Snyder’s Shoes : Atlanta Shoe Market Update
- My Sister’s Closet : Kate Spade bag and wallet plus winter sale in full force until the end of the month. Enjoy 50% off mostly everything and 65% off clearance!
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique : Closed to make some memories! Re-opening March 1st.
- Backstage Hobbies & Games : New! Pokemon Model Kits
- Evergreen Natural Foods Market : El Cardinal Tamales are back in stock!
- Heggs Gallery of Fine Furniture : New reclining items on the showroom floor.
- Nautical Yarn : Giveaway Alert! <<Click the link to enter to win: One – $50 Nautical Yarn all access storewide gift card (towards yarn, cozy blankets, bags, books and all things creative at the shop and One – Zen Out Shellac Manicure & Pedicure ($79 value) from Safari Sun. Enter until February 26th.
- The Refinery : It’s true the recent promotions at The Refinery have been such a big hit, I decided to always keep the pricing for NEW PATIENTS only. Call now 231-907-1588 or book online at TheRefineryAesthetics.com
- AJs Party Port : They have Teremana in stock! Love Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson? Grab a bottle of his small batch tequila.
Find out who is open and on what days, who is temporarily closed, and who offers take-out or delivery on our website: DowntownLudingon.org/Open
- Sportsmans : Have you tried Zak’s smashburger? Caramelized onion stuffed between two parties topped with cheese, pickles and mustard. Includes fries $8.99 Also, don’t forget greenhouses are now available on Sundays too! Reserve online at www.tableagent.com and search “Mitten Bar”
- World Bartender Day was yesterday. Ludington Bay Brewing introduced us to Jim and Ray.
- Luciano Ristoranti celebrated 23 years in Downtown Ludington on February 10th.
- We’ll let you in on a little secret – Red Rooster Coffee & Community restocks the freshly baked scones from Laughing Tree Bakery every Saturday morning. Mark your calendars, because these baked goods sell out FAST every single week!
- Tuesdays are free treat days at HumaniTea. Last week was peanut butter fudge. Watch their Facebook page for the new March drink of the month!
- Did you now that Q Smokehouse makes their own pastrami in-house? And they have a $10 giveaway on their Facebook page every week. Visit their page to learn more.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
THURSDAY – FEB 25
- Nat’l Toast Day, Nat’l Chili Day
- SANDCASTLES : At Home Art Activity : Penguin Craft
- School Forest : Book Walk Family Fun Night
Bring the whole family for our first self-guided, socially distanced BOOK-WALK, while enjoying the pages of “Over in the Forest, Come and Take a Peek” written by Marianne Berkes. The book walk will be located in the school forest on Tinkham Rd., Ludington. The walk will include 10 ‘stops’ for your family to enjoy. Organized by the PM Early Childhood Center.
FRIDAY – FEB 26
- Nat’l Skip The Straw Day
- SANDCASTLES : Freaky Friday
- LIBRARY – Family Fun Bags : Dr. Seuss Themed
- Who has a Friday Fish Fry? View the list here.
SATURDAY – FEB 27
- Nat’l Retro Day
SUNDAY – FEB 28
- Nat’l Floral Design Day
- Birthdays : Bruce Pelletier, our fireworks guru
MONDAY – MAR 1
- Nat’l Peanut Butter Lover’s Day
- Start of Nat’l Irish-American Heritage Month, Nat’l Craft Month, Nat’l Women’s History Month
- SANDCASTLES : Make At Home Snack
- Birthdays : Kaley from Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital Foundation
TUESDAY – MAR 2
- Nat’l Read Across America Day – Visit one of our book stores or check out the virtual and curbside services at the library.
- SANDCASTLES : Toddler Tuesday Craft
WEDNESDAY – MAR 3
- Nat’l Soup It Forward Day : Buy some soup for someone! Click here to find out who has soup.
- WSCC : Covid Vaccine Panel :
Do you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines? Our panel of experts will explain various aspects of the vaccines, including how they work in the body and the logistics of getting them out into the community. Bring your questions and join us for a great discussion!
Our panelists are:Dr. Paul Bilinski, Professor of Biology
Jessica Houser, Professor of Psychology
Dr. Jennifer Morse, Medical Director at District Health Department #10
Greg Stewart, Pharmacist