STAY IN THE LOOP
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
CULTURE & MEDIA
- LACA has a call out for local artists for their February exhibit. Drop off between January 18-29.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum is closed for maintenance thru January 17th.
- The Library reminded us that you can check out ebooks and audiobooks on Libby right from home!
- WMOM interviewed Thomas and Brooke about the library’s Shifting Landscapes lecture series.
January’s issue is education and the topics are:Jan 10th — The 1619 ProjectJan 17th — Critical Race TheoryJan 24th — Teaching Uncomfortable Truths in the Classroom
- AGS is now closed on Sundays
- AJ’s Party Port has a unique vodka called Game Time that’s perfect for football season.
- Cedar Chest closed until January 20th so that a new walkway can be installed out front.
- Gliks is already thinking about Valentine’s Day with these red and pink outfits.
- Hegg’s Furniture is a John Thomas furniture dealer. You can find pieces like this console.
- Ludington Hobbies has a special on Tamiya 2-lane tracks this week. Comes with two battery operated easy assembly kit cars. These weekly specials are so low, they aren’t allowed to print the prices!
- Ludington Wood & Craft has closed the shop for the season, but they are available anytime for private shopping or custom work.
- Ludington Yacht Sales has a 2014 Chaparral 330 Signature Cruiser in their listings. “In Cahoots” is an absolutely beautiful 330 Signature. She is in amazing condition and is currently inside a heated facility and is very easy to see.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark has just what you need for that winter dry skin. Check out Dionis Goat Milk Hand Cream.
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique is closing for their annual winter break. They will re-open the 4th week of January.
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique will have altered hours (Wednesday thru Friday) this month due to the family traveling for hockey. They do have an online shop and there’s a winter sale going on right now.
- Trailhead Bike Shop has closed for the season. They will re-open in March.
- Victoria’s Jewelry showed us some jewelry for National Bird Day yesterday.
- Blu Moon Bistro // gumbo // peanut butter cheese cake
Remember, kids eat free on snow days!
- Brenda’s Harbor Cafe is closed this week due to COVID.
- Cafe 106 // cheeseburger soup
Bring in those red envelopes to see what you’ve won!
- Crown & Cork // Frenched Pork Ribeye // champagne & strawberry cake // London Broil Stir Fry
- House of Flavors // Salted Caramel
- HumaniTea // January’s drink of the month is here! A delicious mix of organic Coconut Cacao blended with a dash of coconut cream and a shot of dark chocolate.
- Jamesport Brewing Co // seafood quesadilla // fish tacos // crispy bacon ranch wrap // chili
- Ludington Bay Brewing Co // Hazelnut Praline D’Booty // and the igloos are back!
- Q Smokehouse // brisket chili // chicken corn chowder // prime rib sandwich // Badger Bites
- Sportsman’s // tacos // pizza
- Table 14 // Sweet potatoes and Gnocchi // butcher steak poutine
- The Mitten Bar // bloody mary & hibiscus pineapple mimosa
ALL MONTH LONG // JANUARY
- HOUSE OF FLAVORS // Free Ice Cream with any meal after 11am
- SENIOR CENTER // Various Activities on Week Days
- SANDCASTLES // Closed for maintenance
- LACA // January Series
The award-winning January Series of Calvin University is coming to Ludington. From Jan. 10 through Jan. 28, 2022, the Ludington Area Center for the Arts (LACA) will broadcast one of the nation’s leading lecture and cultural arts series. For a full list of speakers and topics, visit https://calvin.edu/january-series/
- LACA // Quill Redpath’s ‘Once I Was Like You’ exhibit
- LACA // ‘Humanity’ January 2022 Portrait exhibit
THURSDAY – JANUARY 6
- National Bean Day
- JAMESPORT BREWING CO // Live Music feat. Third Coast Swing
- TIMBERS STEAK & SEAFOOD // $15 Menu
FRIDAY – JANUARY 7
- National Tempura Day – Blu Moon Bistro
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Craft Bags // 11am-3pm
- JAMESPORT BREWING CO // Free apps from 4-6pm
- LUDINGTON BAY BREWING // Live Music feat. Tim Krause
- SANDBAR // Karaoke & DJ // 8pm
SATURDAY – JANUARY 8
- LACA // Funky Faces Workshop // 10am
- STATE PARK // Guided Snowshoe Hikes // 1-2pm
- STATE PARK // Lantern Lit Snowshoe Hike // 6-8pm
SUNDAY – JANUARY 9
- National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
- RED ROOSTER COFFEE // Base Camp // 5-7pm
Alright men!! Now it’s your turn! This Sunday, January 9th 5pm-7pm! BASE CAMP – Ludington welcomes Tim Vander Zwaag. Naked in the snow, body mauled in a farming accident on a single-digit day, December 7, 2013, Tim breathed these words: “God, please get me back on the tractor, or I’m ready to come home to you.” Seconds later, he heard: “Crawl back to the tractor.” MEN ONLY – AGE 21 & OLDER. LIMITED CAPACITY.
MONDAY – JANUARY 10
- National Oysters Rockefeller Day – Table 14
- LACA // Shifting Landscapes Lecture // 7-8:30pm
Join artists, lecturers, scholars, and area residents to sift through the rubble from the last 18 months. Events are free. Brochures with lecture event details are available at each of our library branches, and at various area businesses. Topics and speakers will be unique at each session. In-person attendance at LACA and Zoom attendance are both available. http://www.masoncounty.lib.mi.us/shifting-landscapes/
- MITTEN BAR // Mug Club Day
TUESDAY – JANUARY 11
- National Human Trafficking Awareness Day – That’s what HumaniTea is all about!
- Taco Tuesday
- COMMUNITY CHURCH // Community Table Meal // 4:30-6pm
Over 10 area Christian churches are participating in Ludington’s Community Table. Each church will prepare and serve a meal in the dining room of Community Church of Ludington. The church is located at 109 North Harrison Street in Ludington, Michigan. A meal in the dining room is available, free, for anyone in the community. Stop in between 4:30 and 6:00 pm.
- NAUTICAL YARN // Social Knit & Crochet via Zoom // 5:30-6:30pm
- JAMESPORT BREWING CO // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
- TIMBERS STEAK & SEAFOOD // $15 Menu
- BLU MOON BISTRO // $8 Sushi
WEDNESDAY – JANUARY 12