STAY IN THE LOOP
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
CULTURE & MEDIA
- LACA‘s CrEATivity Art Kit this month features all the supplies you need to create your very own minimalistic landscape painting inspired by Etal Adnan. The kits also includes a reference photo, a canvas board, a palette for paint mixing, acrylic paint, brushes, a pencil, a pencil sharpener, a marker, paper towel and an Indian Summer applesauce snack & spoon. LACA also announced the winners of each category from their annual West Shore Art Fair that took place this past weekend.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum hosted their weekly Toddler Tuesday event in the party room downstairs.
- The Library is participating in the MiLibraryQuest. Head to mi.gov/MiLibraryQuest to get started. You’ll find animal descriptions and use the provided Field Guide to identify them. Collect at least 20 animals to enter to win a prize from your library. 5th to 12th graders may participate in MiLibraryQuest: Summer 2021. Entries are due by July 31, 2021.
- WMOM is giving away an Alexa Dot! Click here to get the details on how to enter. No one had the code to get those Ford Escape keys out of the box on Saturday, but Jeff Reed won $1027 in cash!
- Avenue’s End Mini Mall added a mini version of their photo board, thanks to their artist Deb.
- Backstage Hobbies & Games has new games in stock, including D&D monopoly and Munchkin Disney.
- Evergreen Natural Foods Market featured bubble boxes, cute handmade animals, and bracelets last week.
- Gliks has these Kancan exclusive shorts in stock. And the womens Hey Dudes have been restocked.
- Hegg’s Furniture showed us some patriotic outdoor furniture.
- Ludington Hobbies participated in the Freedom Festival parade with a whole gang of RC cars.
- Ludington Paint & Glass provided the supplies for the new paint job on the Snyder’s Shoes building.
- Ludington Yacht Sales pulled the Lakeshore Pyrate Heads Club ship in the Freedom Festival parade.
- Magyar’s showed us a few of the unique items in the shop on South James.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark is gearing up for the ornament release this week. They showcased a few, including this one for teachers and this Irish saying. They have restocked squishmallows.
- Nautical Yarn is nearing their goal of contributing $2500 to Connexion Point, a local organization with a vision of connecting the chemically dependent individual back into their life. They started collecting at their annual MerryTime Academy Graduation last week via door prizes and raffles and Bob & Carole are matching funds. They are about $700 short of their goal. If you’d like to contribute, you can use this link.
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique is obsessed with the beach! Check out this display. They also showed us a cute activity bib.
- Snyder’s Shoes featured Naot sandals. They provide the support of a cork footbed, with the comfort of memory foam… and they mold to your feet!
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique has what you need for baby shower gifts. They also have these hand lettered signs.
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography announced a movie viewing at LACA, featuring a 21 minute documentary complementing Todd’s new book: 50 Years Seeing Michigan Through a Lens. The viewing will take place July 29th at 5:30pm, followed by a meet-and-greet, book signing and cash bar. Mark your calendar!
- Trailhead Bike Shop also participated in the Freedom Festival parade on Sunday.
- Victoria’s Jewelry showcased this ring. July’s birthstone is the ruby.
- Blu Moon Bistro // Meat on the smoker // Sushi
- Crown & Cork // Spinach Artichoke Crab Dip : made with goat cheese and topped with crab.
- HumaniTea // July Drink of the Month: a refreshing combo of Pineapple Passion and White Coconut Creme teas, mixed with a dash of sweetness and a touch of rum flavoring.
- Jamesport Brewing Co // Opened the Portside Garden this week.
- Keeper’s Fish Shack // Held their ribbon cutting last Thursday.
- Kilwins is celebrating Nat’l Ice Cream Month. What’s your fave?
- Krave Frozen Yogurt has been posting what’s on tap. Follow them to see new flavors like this one.
- Ludington Bay Brewing Co has been hosting live music on the patio every Friday.
- Q Smokehouse // Beef Brisket Sandwich
- Table 14 // Smoked Pineapple Margarita // Indoor S’mores // Fried Catfish with Smoked Gouda Grits
- Timber’s Bar & Grill // Steak & Asparagus // Steak & Scallops // Steak & Fries // Charcuterie Board
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- LACA // Artists of Epworth Exhibit
THURSDAY – JULY 8
- Nat’l Chocolate w/ Almonds Day
- NAUTICAL YARN // Knit & Crochet on the Patio 1-3pm
- STATE PARK // Bus Day to the Lighthouse // 12-5pm
Meet at the building near the front entrance of the park and take a bus to the lighthouse. Cost is $5 for adults; $2 for 12 and under for the roundtrip. Climb to the top of the lighthouse for $8 for adults; $5 for 17 and under.
- LIBRARY // Magic Lessons // 1pm, 2:30pm
- LEGACY PLAZA // Live In The Plaza // Tom Zatarga // 5-8pm
FRIDAY – JULY 9
- Nat’l Sugar Cookie Day // Head to Wesco!
- SANDCASTLES :// Friday’s on the Deck // Ludington Uke Club
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Bags
- LEGACY PLAZA // Farmers Market // 3-7pm
- LACA // Artist Reception // Artists of Epworth Exhibit
- LUDINGTON BAY // Live Music // Gabrial James // 6-9pm
- Birthdays : Jackie Steckel from City of Ludington, Laura from Table 14
SATURDAY – JULY 10
- Nat’l Pina Colada Day, Nat’l Kitten Day // AGS Gift Shop has lots for cat lovers!
- EAGLES // Outdoor Flea Market // 10am
- THE ALLEY // Live Music // Brownstate // 10pm // $5 cover (21+)
- Birthdays : Leo from Luciano Ristoranti, Scott from Smith & Eddy
SUNDAY – JULY 11
- Nat’l Mojito Day, All American Pet Day
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
MONDAY – JULY 12
- Nat’l Simplicity Day
- SANDCASTLES // Messy Mondays // Marble Painting
- LIBRARY // Kids Outside Activities // 1-2pm
Activities for children, parent or guardian required, in the backyard of Ludington Library. More information on our website: http://www.masoncounty.lib.mi.us/lets-play-outside/
- NAUTICAL YARN // Social Knit & Crochet Zoom Meeting // 6:00 PM
These ZOOM sessions are great if you need a little help or if you want to knit or crochet and chat with others. Meeting ID: 872 3434 6080
- Birthdays : Jacob from Northstar Chiro
TUESDAY – JULY 13
- Nat’l French Fry Day // Find French Fries
- Taco Tuesday
- WATERFRONT PARK // Offshore Classic begins with the Big Boys Tourney
- SANDCASTLES // Toddler Tuesday
- STEARNS PARK BEACH // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // 6pm // Girls Bike Ride Night
WEDNESDAY – JULY 14