STAY IN THE LOOP
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
- LACA is looking for volunteers for their upcoming West Shore Art Fair. If you’re interested, use the link to sign up. They also shared some photos from the recent wall hanging quilt and the art journaling workshops.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum opened last week! They hosted a luncheon for the Mason/Oceana County Water Safety Coalition after they had a training session. WMOM Radio covered this with a live remote at Sandcastles and at the training session. They viewed the Water Safety exhibit, which Sandcastles installed to help combat drownings.
They’ve also created a puppet show called Beach Buddies, which you can view on YouTube.
- The Library has new books on their Summer Reading list. These middle-grade novels are all new this week and can be requested or put on hold through our catalog, also, at www.mcdlibrary.org – you just need your card number and PIN.
- ABC Kidz has plenty of bathing suits in stock! Get ready for when the water gets warm. Lake Michigan is up to high 50s-60. Hamlin Lake is up to 70!
- AGS announced this week that they will have screen printing and heat press services for tees. They also showed us some new bottle openers that they have in stock.
- Avenue’s End Mini Mall featured Michigan themed socks. Jen has the Petoskey stones ones and love them!
- Backstage Hobbies & Games has a Playstation 2 Slim in the store and plenty of games.
- Book Mark has new outdoor seating on the south side.
- Booked for the Season posted an offer for a free box of kids books.
- Cedar Chest was live in the WMOM studio to talk about their monthly bag sales.
- Evergreen Natural Foods Market showed us some new teas, as well as some Father’s Day gift ideas. They also have some new apparel in the store.
- Giving Tree Garden Center has three different kinds of poppies… and whatever these are…
- Gliks showed off their graphic teas, Huk apparel and Levi shorts that have recently hit the shelves.
- Hegg’s Furniture has a nautical vibe bedroom set available, which you can take home off the showroom floor if you purchase the entire set. They also have a variety of bar stools.
- Instrumental Music got their first Japanese E-II series ESP guitars in, and they play and sound even better than they look!
- Ludington Hobbies hosted a RC Drag Race to raise money for the Poll family, who recently lost their daughter in a tragic drowning accident. WMOM covered this live.
- Magyar’s uses vintage embroidery, tapestries, lace and fabrics to make denim jackets. Many of the tapestries are from Poland, Hungary, France and England.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark is getting new paint, but both doors are still open. Check out these Grads and Dad’s gift ideas.
- My Sister’s Closet featured summer bags and golf apparel this week.
- Nautical Yarn announced their Wine & Wool weekend with StevenBE. There are very few openings available, so if you are interested in attending this event, please register soon! Cost of the 3-day event is $425 which includes 3 classes with StevenBE, 2 dinners, 2 lunches, a terrific SWAG bag, and lots of fun!
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique featured these adorable “Canoe Tuck Me In” PJ’s and this safari themed outfit.
- Snyder’s Shoes showed us these colorful trail runners from Merrel.
- Spindrift Cyclesports has these bike-themed cosmetic bags in the shop.
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique featured more Pete & Lucy pieces this week, including the Love Bug print , this patriotic polo and the Island Vibes Romper.
- Thomas O Jewelry has many new pieces in the showroom.
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography posted a gallery of photos they took from their boat last week, including this shot that Brad has been dreaming up in his head since October.
- Blu Moon Bistro showed us the bar shrimp Omakase, some sandwiches, teased us with the slushy machines and… Ookie Platter. The roof top is open!
- Cafe 106 the sidewalk cafe is bright and dog friendly!
- Chef John’s has fresh pies! Like this Rhubarb Pie.
- Crown & Cork featured their Fruit & Nuts app. Did you know they host dueling pianos every Saturday?
- HumaniTea has new, responsibly sourced stainless steel tumblers. As a bonus for return guests get a 16oz tumbler fill at a 12oz price. They also showcased some of their hop tea.
- Jamesport Brewing Co is building a beer garden! The Portside Garden space is being transformed! Watch their page for updates. And also for daily specials pics like the chicken caprese wrap, the shrimp basket, baked Walleye with seafood Alfredo, and the new specialty cocktails like the Mermaid Mule, thanks to Detroit City Distillery.
- Keeper’s Fish Shack has their new sign up! Watch for opening info later this month.
- Kilwins has treats for dad, like these Tuttles, which are their best selling confection.
- Krave Frozen Yogurt has new flavors. Check their page to see what’s on the froyo taps.
- Sportsman’s has the back patio open and it’s dog friendly.
- Table 14 has brought back Taco Tuesday! This pic shows off the Diablo Shrimp, Fresh Whitefish and Aztec Chicken tacos. They also made us drool over the bread pudding and the pork steak.
- Timber’s Bar & Grill’s dry-aged steaks and specials have been a big hit!
- The Mitten Bar reminded us that Mondays mug members get $2 off drafts. They are going back to 12 taps soon!
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- LACA // June Exhibit: The Infinity Between Zero & One by Ellen Nelson
THURSDAY – JUNE 10
- Nat’l Iced Tea Day, Nat’l Black Cow Day (Root Beer Float)
- NAUTICAL YARN // Knit & Crochet on the Patio 1-3pm
FRIDAY – JUNE 11
- Nat’l German Chocolate Cake Day, Nat’l Making Life Beautiful Day, Nat’l Corn on the Cob Day
- SANDCASTLES :// Friday’s on Deck
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Bags
- LIBRARY // Summer Reading Kickoff // 7pm //
SATURDAY – JUNE 12
- Nat’l Red Rose Day, Nat’l PB Cookie Day
- Stearns Park // Ludington Lakestride Half/10k/5k // 8am
- Port of Ludington Maritime Museum // 4th Anniversary & New Armistice Day Storm Exhibit Opening // 11am
Prizes will be given out every hour and 15% off all gift shop items.
- Trailhead Bike Shop // Grand Opening // 10am
The new owners will be celebrating with a ribbon cutting and appetizers from Jamesport.
- Alley Bar // Youth Pool Tournament // 3pm
Each team must have an adult player (21+) and a youth player (20-). Proceeds will help send Drake Hanna and Ayden Kortge to the National Youth Billiards Chamionship in Las Vegas this July. Minimum donation is $10.
- Crown & Cork // Dueling Pianos // Every Saturday at 7pm
- Birthdays: Thom Hawley (Jamesport)
SUNDAY – JUNE 13
- Nat’l Weed Your Garden Day, Nat’l Sewing Machine Day, Nat’l Children’s Day
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
MONDAY – JUNE 14
- Nat’l Flag Day
- SANDCASTLES :// Messy Mondays Father’s Day Craft
- NAUTICAL YARN // Social Knit & Crochet Zoom Meeting // 6:00 PM
These ZOOM sessions are great if you need a little help or if you want to knit or crochet and chat with others. Meeting ID: 872 3434 6080
TUESDAY – JUNE 15
- Nat’l Nature Photography Day (Todd & B rad Reed), Nat’l Smile Power Day
- Taco Tuesday
- SANDCASTLES // Toddler Tuesday
- LACA // Cast Hydrostone Panel Workshop // 12-3pm
- Stearns Park Beach // Lud Pub Run Club Beer Run Night // 6pm
Join us for our beer run! Run a mile, grab a (small) beer x 4.
- Spindrift Cyclesports // 6pm // Girls Bike Ride Night
WEDNESDAY – JUNE 16
- Nat’l Fudge Day (Kilwins)
- The Grand // Chicken & Dumpling Day
- SANDCASTLES // Water Safety Wednesday // All Day
Watch our own Beach Buddies Puppet show at the Puppet Theater in the Party Room. Families can sign up for a time slot to watch at the front desk all day Wednesday. Admission is $8.00 per person. Under 1 is free. Members come right in.
- Birthdays : Pat Foster, Cory Rickett (Rickett Law)