STAY IN THE LOOP
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
CULTURE & MEDIA
- LACA held their first Cast Hydrostone Panel workshop last week. You can see and register for upcoming workshops on their website.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum held a Father’s Day card making workshop last weekend.
- The Library reminded us that if you have a library card, you get access to free/discounted entry into many Michigan attractions. You can visit this site to learn how.
- Tell WMOM what you like about them on this post and you could win a new Amazon Alexa Dot and more!
- AGS is running a 75% off sale on Inox Jewelry.
- All Occasions Events & Floral set up for a beach wedding last weekend.
- Avenue’s End Mini Mall has new locally made tables in stock, and they never last long!
- Backstage Hobbies & Games featured the Doodle Dungeon game, where you can become a dungeon architect. It comes with everything you need to draw your own dungeon, as well as cards you draw to help determine what monsters, treasures, and traps you add in and where!
- Everest Athleisure showed us some Lululemon Father’s Day gift ideas.
- Evergreen Natural Foods Market has a new OLIPOP flavor in and they highlighted the new tapestries they have in stock, which are great for the beach, an outdoor concert, laying out in the sun, or to hang on a wall or piece of furniture.
- Giving Tree Garden Center showed us some of the plants they have this week, including roses, ferns, and more.
- Gliks has great gifts for dads… and new Goodr glasses!
- Gordys has joggers and you can have them custom printed.
- Hegg’s Furniture has this industrial table on the showroom floor. They also showcased some of the art they have available.
- Ludington Hobbies has the new 2021 Bronco crawlers and Corvette Stingray in stock.
- Magyar’s highlighted some of the unique items they have in the shop, including these bags and mirror.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark has been highlighting Michigan themed products every day including these towels, hoodie, and this hoodie… follow their page for more. The Muskegon store posted a video with Father’s Day gift idea. Most of these are also available in the Ludington store. Let’s watch!
- My Sister’s Closet has a great selection of name brand outdoor gear right now.
- Nautical Yarn celebrated World Wide Knit In Public Day on the patio.
- Paradise (114 E Ludington Ave) is new! They don’t have a Facebook page, but you can see photos in the gallery below.
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique has super cute teethers in as well as this “Locally Grown” onsie.
- Sloaney’s has their Ludington and Michigan jewelry back in stock. If you need stuff for the beach, they got you covered!!
- Snyder’s Shoes has these bright sandals in stock. They also have the clearance tables out front daily.
- Spindrift Cyclesports wants to introduce you to the Tiem Slipstream cycling shoe.
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique got a sweet new bouncy ball, tons of beach gear, and a lot of new boy arrivals last week.
- The Lake. The Life. The Dream. featured their weekender bag.
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography has Todd’s new book in the store! Check out this article to learn more.
- Trailhead Bike Shop held their ribbon cutting this past Saturday.
- Windowsill announced that is bringing back book club! They will be meeting at HumaniTea on July 21st at 2pm. They are currently reading “Sold” by Patricia McCormick. Learn more in their newsletter.
- Blu Moon Bistro // Godiva Chocolate Creme Brûlée and Strawberry Cheesecake // Bloody Mary //
- Chef John’s // Cupcakes // Event Cake
- Crown & Cork // Beer Steamed Mussels
- HumaniTea // Iced Tea
- Jamesport Brewing Co // Steak Quesadilla // Shrimp Po’boy
- Keeper’s Fish Shack // Menu boards are up! Check out what you’ll be able to order when they open here.
- Kilwins // Is now offering delivery! Order online here.
- Krave Frozen Yogurt // Mochi ice cream is back! // PB No Bake Cookie Dough //
- Ludington Bay Brewing Co // Smoked meats for dad this weekend!
- Q Smokehouse // Photography by Sue Brown stopped in to snap some amazing droolworthy pics this week! Here are just a few. They have also submitted a grant to purchase a giant chess game for use outside of their restaurant during our Final Friday Experience events. Visit this page and give “Street Games” a vote!
- Table 14 // Basil & Sundried Tomato Salmon // Fried Green Tomatoes // Sangria // White Chocolate Strawberry & Chocolate Panna Cotta // Tequila Lime Salmon
- Timber’s Bar & Grill // Steak // Lobster
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
THURSDAY – JUNE 17
- Global Garbage Man Day
- NAUTICAL YARN // Knit & Crochet on the Patio 1-3pm
FRIDAY – JUNE 18
- Nat’l Go Fishing Day
- SANDCASTLES :// Friday’s on Deck // Big Game Day
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Bags
- FARMERS MARKET // At alternate location behind Wesco until July // 3-7pm
- JAMESPORT BREWING CO // Summer Kick Off Wheat Weekend // Thru Sunday
Food specials and all wheat beer will be “Hoppy Hour” price all weekend.
- LUDINGTON BAY BREWING CO // Live Music: Nate Dill // 6-9pm
SATURDAY – JUNE 19
- Juneteeth – marks the end of slavery in the US
The story of Juneteenth begins in Texas when Major General Gordon Granger arrived in Galveston on June 19, 1865, with an announcement. As the community listened to the reading of General Orders, Number 3, the people of Galveston learned for the first time that the Civil War was over. After more than a century of slavery and years of war, it was official. All slaves were now freedmen.
SUNDAY – JUNE 20
- Father’s Day, First Day of Summer
- LUDINGTON BAY // Weekend Specials for Father’s Day
Weekend rib special will start Friday at 4 pm and then on Sunday, we will have a 10oz Michigan Craft NY Strip Steak special with seasoned redskin potatoes, vegetable of the day, and choice of side house or Caesar salad.
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
MONDAY – JUNE 21
- Nat’l Go Skateboarding Day – hit up Gordys!
- SANDCASTLES // Messy Mondays // Shaving Cream Marbling
- LIBRARY // Outdoor Kids Activities // 1-2pm
Parent or guardian required.
- NAUTICAL YARN // Social Knit & Crochet Zoom Meeting // 6:00 PM
These ZOOM sessions are great if you need a little help or if you want to knit or crochet and chat with others. Meeting ID: 872 3434 6080
TUESDAY – JUNE 22
- Nat’l Onion Rings Day
- Taco Tuesday
- LACA // Knittin’ at The Mitten is back!… but at LACA // 5:30pm
In the the courtyard. Please bring a chair, knitting/crocheting, something yummy to share and your drinks.
- SANDCASTLES // Toddler Tuesday
- STEARNS BEACH // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // 6pm // Girls Bike Ride Night
- Birthdays: Jason Hargreaves (local musician)
WEDNESDAY – JUNE 23
- LIBRARY // Tell Your Story // Every Wednesday // 3-4pm
Ages 6-12. Registration is required. Students will write a script, shoot and edit the film, and publish on MCDL’s website. Equipment is provided. Program is funded by the Library of Michigan’s LSTA grant program.
- WATERFRONT PARK // LACA’s Summer Concert Series kicks off with Wendell Harrison // 7-9pm