Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
CULTURE & MEDIA
- LACA kicked off their summer concert series with Wendell Harrison at Waterfront Park. Q Smokehouse was there with boxed BBQ pork sandwiches.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum Fridays on Deck featured big games last week. Watch for a new outdoor activity every Friday.
- ABC Kidz has the swimsuit rack out.
- AGS started their annual body jewelry sale this week. Check their page to see the long list of items included.
- Avenue’s End Mini Mall posted some fun summery items they have.
- Backstage Hobbies & Games showed us these cool dice bags. Creepy! They also got a new shipment of 100 sided medal dice.
- Giving Tree Garden Center received a new shipment of blooming perennials.
- Gliks posted a new blog about what your Ennegram type says about your style. They also have a great selection of red, white and blue for Fourth of July
- Gordys has new pigment dyed crew necks.
- Magyar’s posted a couple colorful, retro chairs on their page. They highlight items often, so follow them to see what’s in the shop.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark showed us this awesome Michigan map blanket and a flickering solar hot air balloon light.
- My Sister’s Closet has a ton of Coach purses in the store right now.
- Opus created this upcycled outfit from a hoodie and a scarf.
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique has kids Michigan gear, like these onesies and these hoodies.
- Red Door Gallery still has a few openings for their kids camps in July.
- Sloaney’s is your source for Big Foot pics… and other items like this sign and call.
- Snyder’s Shoes showed us the On Cloudventure waterproof shoes.
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique has red, white and blue earrings and these Michigan items are arriving tomorrow. Have you played with the Waboba discs yet? 130 feet??
- The Lake. The Life. The Dream. showed off a new yoga mat.
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography has their 2021 and 2022 calendars half off in the gallery and on the website.
- Trailhead Bike Shop is now a Garmin dealer!
- Victoria’s Jewelry has been throwing engagement shout outs on their page. Congrats to the newly engaged couples. And aren’t these mens rings super cool?
- Windowsill posted their Book Club newsletter this week.
- NEW!! Ludington Wood & Craft has moved in at 307 S James Street. Let’s take a tour (check out the live show or podcast).
- Blu Moon now has a social district permit! See the updated list here.
- Chef John’s // event cakes // blueberry custard pie
- Crown & Cork // red pepper ravioli // lamb meatballs // pickled beets salad
- Jamesport Brewing Co // beer braised roast beef sandwich // sun-dried tomato shrimp Florentine // sun-dried tomato chicken cavatappi // monte cristo // seltzer now on tap! (original, strawberry, blueberry, pineapple, peach, pineberry, and cucumber).
- Kilwins // cashew and peanut brittle
- Krave Frozen Yogurt // mocha cappuccino froyo
- Q Smokehouse // boxed meals at the summer music series
- Sportsman’s // parmesan crusted tilapia
- Table 14 // Bay of Funday salmon // lemon herb seared Atlantic caught black sea bass
- Timber’s Bar & Grill // surf and turf // steak and veg // steak and pot
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
THURSDAY – JUNE 24
- Nat’l Handshake Day
- NAUTICAL YARN // Knit & Crochet on the Patio 1-3pm
- MARIELLENS HALLMARK // Share Some Kindness Tote Sale // today thru June 28th
Only $4.99 for the tote and 20% off everything you can fit inside.
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // Slow Roll Bike Ride // 6:30pm
- STEARNS PARK BEACH // #PureLudington Sunset Bonfire // 8pm
- Birthday : Stephanie from Northern Cuts
FRIDAY – JUNE 25
- Nat’l Strawberry Parfait Day
- SANDCASTLES :// Friday’s on the Deck
- FARMERS MARKET // Lot behind Wesco (until July 2) // 3-7pm
- FINAL FRIDAY EXPERIENCE // 3-9pm // Various Locations
- NORTHSTAR FITNESS // Fashion Show // 6pm // Free Admission.
Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and cocktails while checking out the hottest trends and styles Everest has to offer. Pop-up shop.
- **FAREWELL MY DARLING Film Premiere has been moved to Peterson Auditorium. Doors open at 8pm.
SATURDAY – JUNE 26
- Nat’l Beautician’s Day
- MUNICIPAL MARINA // Blessing of the Boats // 12-6pm
Join us for a 1:00p BLESSING OF THE BOATS by Fr. Mick Shriver. Followed by live music at 3p by Miller and Merchant wsg Buick Bensen and Todd ”The Train” Truman. Raffle prizes awarded throughout the day. Food provided by The Qs Smokehouse. All proceeds will benefit the Sable Points Lighthouse Keepers Association.
- STEARNS PARK // Coast to Coast Gravel Grinder //
SUNDAY – JUNE 27
- Nat’l Onion Day (Jen says ew), Nat’l Ice Cream Cake Day, Nat’l Sunglasses Day
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
MONDAY – JUNE 28
- Nat’l Insurance Awareness Day
- SANDCASTLES :// Messy Mondays
- WATERFRONT PARK // HOMES: A reading, discussion & celebration of the Great Lakes // 7pm
Poet Moheb Soliman comes to Ludington with his debut book HOMES, exploring themes of nature, modernity, identity, belonging, and sublimity through the Great Lakes region. Before sharing work from the book, he will be joined by co-hosts Julia Chambers of Affew Friends of the Environment, and Nicole Birkett and Barry Matthews of Ludington Writers for a discussion of their overlapping perspectives and backgrounds regarding relationships to place, water and environment issues, and the Great Lakes region as a whole as well as Ludington’s special corner of it. This is a free event that is open to the public. Please bring a chair or blanket to sit on.
- Birthday : Josh from Heirloom Construction
TUESDAY – JUNE 29
- Nat’l Camera Day
- Taco Tuesday
- SANDCASTLES // Toddler Tuesday
- STEARNS PARK BEACH // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
Meet at north concession stand, BYOB & snacks for social hour afterwards.
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // 6pm // Girls Bike Ride Night
WEDNESDAY – JUNE 30