TALK OF THE TOWN: MAR 11, 2021
(Special Guest Jill Snyder on the podcast/live show)
101 E Ludington Ave
Ludington, MI 49431
Next week: We’ll get a tour of LACA’s newly remodeled gallery!
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
Through a partnership with the Lakeshore Food Club and the Mason County District Library, with the funding of grants and donors, LACA aims to distribute 200 crEATivity kits each month to community members who would benefit from expressing themselves through art. Each art kit will include easy to understand instructions for a new project each month, all of the materials needed to complete the project, educational information about the background of the project, and a healthy snack.
We are in need of 4-5 volunteers to assist with the packaging of the art kits. This commitment should not take more than two hours. Please note that we will be gathering in the LACA performance hall and volunteers will be socially distanced and required to wear a face covering. To sign-up please visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0A4CACAA23A4F94-march.
If you are interested in assisting in the funding of this project please contact LACA Executive Director Andrew Skinner at 231-845-2787 or e-mail email@example.com.
WEEK IN REVIEW
- The library announced the Tails and Tales Book Mark Contest.
LEARN MORE: http://www.masoncounty.lib.mi.us/bookmark-contest/
- HumaniTea has a new tea called “Happy”. And check out these adorable coin purses!
- AGS Gift Shop has been working on a new floor plan to offer more walking space and they have a ton of new merchandise to see!
- Brighten up your garden with an art pole from Mariellen’s Hallmark.
- New “Good Night” books have arrived at Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique
- Welcome to Ludington, Nikole – the new manager at Gliks. She is a CMU alumni with her degree in Fashion Merchandising. She is currently the Co-Manager at the Rockford location and will be here in Ludington through the fall.
- Angie from Adora Studio of hair has been posting some fun videos on Facebook. She said that she is continually training to make sure she is up to date on all the latest stylist, techniques and trends. She’s currently taking a 6 week balayage course and that means her mannequins are getting a lot of use lately!
- The locally produced Great Lakes Reel To Reel Podcast hosted Todd Reed this week. Give it a listen to learn the story behind Todd’s famous “God’s Light” photo of the lighthouse.
- Get some green at Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique.
- Check out this Lavender Goat Milk Soap at Evergreen Natural Foods Market! They also have some beautiful recycled sari scarves in the store.
- Victoria’s Jewelry has some ideas to dress up your solitaire ring.
- Ludington Hobbies has a waiting list for the Ryft, which are on the way to the store. Are you on it?
- Sportsmans announced that they will be open for dine-in today! They will have corned beef and cabbage on Saturday and on the 17th.
- PM Steamers has new owners and will now be known as Crown and Cork. Follow their Facebook page to watch the remodel and get updates.
- Chef John’s opened for dine-in. Did you know you can get a boxed lunch with chips, pickle and a homemade cookie?
- Ethan and Melissa from Red Rooster welcomed their son, Ford Scott Ambrose, into the world.
- Book Mark has been growing their inventory of art, writing and hobby items.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
THURSDAY – MAR 11
- Nat’l Promposal Day
- SANDCASTLES : At Home Art Activity : Handprint Clovers
- Birthday – Sarah Kanitz from Lake Michigan CPA
FRIDAY – MAR 12
- Nat’l Plant A Flower Day
- SANDCASTLES : Freaky Friday
- LIBRARY – Family Fun Bags – Leprechaun Trap
- LUDINGTON BAY – Live Music with Fremont John 6-9pm
SATURDAY – MAR 13
- Irish Jog 5k/10 at 9am
In person and virtual options. Register on EventBrite until Friday at 6pm.
- Follow the Rainbow Scavenger Hunt
Register on EventBrite to get the first clue by mail on Saturday morning. Follow the clues to find the pot of gold. Keep an eye out for shamrocks to win prizes.
- Take-Out Pub Crawl
Register on EventBrite to get a list of participating bars and a few challenges to complete to win prizes.
- Jamesport Brewing Co will be hosting their Beer Run again this year! Each participant will drink a 6oz JBC beer at the beginning of each lap around our block, totaling four laps. You may participate anytime between 1 and 3 pm and prizes will be awarded to the top 3 runners from two categories. Must be 21 to run. $5 entrance fee.
SUNDAY – MAR 14
- Nat’l Children’s Craft Day, Nat’l Pi Day
- Day Light Savings Time starts – Spring Forward
MONDAY – MAR 15
- Nat’l Napping Day (Day After Daylight Savings Time Day)
- LIBRARY: Baby Time Stories with Miss Emily
- SANDCASTLES : Make At Home Snack
TUESDAY – MAR 16
WEDNESDAY – MAR 17
- Actual St. Patrick’s Day
- SPORTSMANS – Corned Beef and Cabbage