STAY IN THE LOOP
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
- Ludington Bay Brewing Company raised $7,000 for the Lakeshore Food Club AND they are about to kick off their 2021 coat drive for the LASD Youth Resource Center.
- Gliks donated 10% of sales this past Tuesday to the Lakeshore Food Club.
- #LovingLudington Serve Day Crew
- Victoria’s Jewelry bought the first 20 cups of coffee at Red Rooster for International Coffee Day last Friday.
- To our Downtown Ludington LDN’s Reader’s Choice winners!
CULTURE & MEDIA
- LACA ‘s Courtyard Concerts run through October. This week Evan Allen took the stage. They gave us an insiders peak at the Stamps School of Art & Design’s virtual Fab Collabs program. And they announced that the will be holding a Holiday Artist Market from November 26th thru December 17th. Artist registration opens October 15th.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum ‘s Music & Movement series continued with Kindermusik this week. The #LovingLudington Serve Day crew helped out at the museum, painting, cleaning, planting, and setting up a fall photo op spot.
- The Library published their October newsletter, including a Forthcoming Fiction list.
- WMOM hosted a contest last week… Fruit Cake or Envelope. The random winner actually chose the fruit cake. They want to see what’s in the envelope, so they are extending the contest until Friday, October 8th. Click here to learn how to enter.
- Ludington State Park was featured on a live video on NatGeoTravel this week. You can watch the video here.
- AGS is running a sale on body jewelry thru October 30th. 50% off cash, 30% off with card (excludes nose rings).
- All Occasions Events & Floral hosted a $10 bouquet special yesterday. Follow their page to get alerts like these.
- Backstage Hobbies & Games shared these party games that they have in the shop.
- Book Mark wants you to get in the spooky spirit with these books and fall drinks.
- Everest Athleisure had new Lululemon – mens and womens – hit the floor this week.
- Evergreen Natural Foods Market recommended some hot tea flavors for fall. They also have an assortment of Siete brand grain free Mexican items.
- Gliks celebrate their 124th anniversary this month and they are offering $10 off boots and booties, 30% off all jewelry, and 25% off sweaters (in-store and online) from October 4-10th.
- Instrumental Music have Kala ukuleles in stock in burled meranti and exotic burl in salted caramel and chocolate. They also showed off this LTD Deluxe EC-1000 Gold Andromeda, which has different hues when light is reflected from different angles.
- Ludington Wood & Craft has new wall mount bottle openers and a reclaimed oak dog bowl holder set in the shop.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark featured these gnomes, sherpa pullovers, and these starlight bluetooth speakers.
- Nautical Yarn showcased new yearn: Reggae Ombre, Felted Tweed Colour, Rowan Pebble Island, as well as this Mini Nordic Jumper Advent Calendar pattern.
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique featured this Ruffle Butts baby jogger, this Copper Pearl outfit, and this Magnetic Me set.
- Snyder’s Shoes has new shoes in the store!
- Sunset Bay Antiques h as new mark down items.
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique has Halloween pop-its! And how adorable is this ruffle jacket from Pete & Lucy?
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography announced that Todd, who is vaccinated, tested positive for COVID. He was on the floor last week until Saturday when he started to not feel well. Employees are being tested, but the gallery will remained closed until further notice. You can still shop online.
- Trailhead Bike Shop rolled the Trek Farley 7s out this week and there are plenty of Marlin mountain bikes in stock.
- Victoria’s Jewelry is offering 25% off this opal necklace.
- Babe’s Candyland // Cherry Cola Bottles // Licorice Wheels
Get Halloween Baskets available in various sizes. Quarter pound for $7, Half pound for $10, Three Quarters Pound for $15, One pound for $20.
Great for small businesses. Call the store if you would like to pre-order 231-233-0643
- Cafe 106 // Caramel Apple French Toast // Turkey Cheddar Apple Panini
- Chef John’s // Apple Cinnamon French Toast // Egg Salad Sandwich
- Crown & Cork // Arugula Salad // Aztec Alfredo // Mini New York Style Cheesecake
- HumaniTea // Apple Strudel Steamer (drink of the month thru October)
- Jamesport Brewing Co // Wet Burrito
Burger and a Beer for $12 is back on Wednesdays!
- Kilwins // Caramel Apples
- Krave Frozen Yogurt // New flavors on tap one and two // Cereal Milk Shakes // Crispy Cakes
- Ludington Bay Brewing Co // Pumpkin Cream Ale
- Q Smokehouse // Smokehouse Burger
- Table 14 // Chocolate Beignets with Stewed Cherries // Shrimp Caprese Flatbread //
- Northstar Fitness took home the Ludington & Scottville Area Chamber of Commerce’ Small Business of the Year award for 2021! Congratulations!
- The Refinery was gracious enough to let us record Heather’s Botox appointment so we can show everyone how simple the procedure is. Check out our YouTube channel to watch the procedure. Tune in next week when we will reveal the before and after pictures.
- West Shore Bank announced the construction on their new Personal Tellar Machines is complete and they are ready to use!
- West Shore Eye Care posted the voting for their annual staff pumpkin decorating contest. The entries are so amazing! You have to check these out… and don’t forget to vote!
- LACA // Arf Prize Exhibit
THURSDAY – OCTOBER 7
- Nat’l Frappe Day – Red Rooster // Book Mark
- Nat’l Chocolate Covered Pretzel Day – Kilwins // Wesco // Babe’s Candyland
- LACA // Kids Multi-Media Art Workshops // 3:30pm
- Happy Birthday to Jeff Kiessel from the LDN
FRIDAY – OCTOBER 8
- Internat’l Off-Road Day // Maybe check out the area single track trails on your bike?
- SANDCASTLES // Friday Toddler Time // 10-11am
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Craft Bags // 11am-3pm
- AMERICAN LEGION // Pizza Night // 5-7:30pm
Pizza is available for dine-in or pick up. You do not need to be a member to place a takeout order! For pick up, call (231) 845-7094 to place an order. If the line is busy, call back. Do not leave a message. Please have your order ready when you call. We will need your name, type of vehicle and color. We will give you the total amount due to have ready when you arrive (CASH AND CHECKS ONLY). We will call you when your pizza goes in the oven, so you won’t be waiting longer than necessary. Pick up is in the back parking lot. Do not get out of the car, we will bring your order to you. There will be a sign where you are to pull up. All pizzas are 14” with thin crust. Several toppings are available. You can also take your pizza home to bake.
- LUDINGTON BAY // Live Music feat. Gabrial James // 6-9pm
- SANDBAR // Karaoke & DJ // 8pm
SATURDAY – OCTOBER 9
- Nat’l I Love Yarn Day – Nautical Yarn
- SANDCASTLES // Create Your Own Lego Creation
- CARTIER MANSION // Women’s Woodworking Weekend
- LUDINGTON STATE PARK // MI Adventure Race
- LACA // Kids Macrama Air Plant Holder // 12pm
- LACA // Chaotic Birds and Cats Workshop // 1pm
- SANDBAR // Live Music feat. Project 90 // 8pm
- Happy Birthday to Jeff Wrisley, downtown property owner
SUNDAY – OCTOBER 10
- Nat’l Walk To A Park Day
- Nat’l Handbag Day
- World Mental Health Day
- SANDCASTLES // Sunday Funday // 12-4pm
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
MONDAY – OCTOBER 11
- Nat’l Sausage Pizza Day
- Native American Day
- SANDCASTLES // Music & Movement feat. Eric Engblade // 10am
- MITTEN BAR // Mug Club Day
- LACA // Erik Rintanmaki presents: Yooperlites // 6:30pm
- LACA // Shifting Landscape Lectures // 7:30pm
TUESDAY – OCTOBER 12
- Nat’l Farmer’s Day – We’re planning for our 2022 Farmers Market! Are you a farmer or do you know one? Send them our way, so they can sell their produce at Legacy Plaza next summer.
- Taco Tuesday
- LACA // Fab Collabs // 3:15pm
- JAMES STREET PLAZA // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
- LACA // Knittin In The Courtyard // 6pm
- Happy Birthday to Kim Skeltis from Blue Blaze, area promoter.
WEDNESDAY – OCTOBER 13
- Nat’l Take Your Parents to Lunch Day
- LUDINGTON BAY // MUG MEMBER DAY
- LACA // Pastel Basics w/ Marie Marfia // 1pm
- LACA // Ukulele Group // 1pm
- LACA // Evening Jam Session // 6pm
- MARY CASE GALLERY // Ludington’s Family Tree Workshop // 6pm
- JAMESPORT // Duck’s Unlimited Ludington Bar Night // 7pm
Join in for stories, friendship, and beer. Bring a hunting buddy so you can talk ducks, conservation, and Ducks Unlimited. RSVP : Mike Smith 231-233-7682 or Craig Curtis 269-806-0440
- Happy Birthday to Heather Catron from The Mitten Bar