STAY IN THE LOOP
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
CULTURE & MEDIA
- LACA announced that the Ludington Writers Group fall 2021 issue of Making Waves is now available to order! The audio and PDF will be uploaded to their website for for contributors and members to access for free later this week.
LACA has added new workshops // See all workshops here
Beginner Macrame Plant Hanger Workshop on September 25 at noon
Chaotic Birds Workshop on September 25 at 1pm
Coptic Bookbinding Workshop on October 2 at 10am
Kids Macrame Air Plant Holder Workshop on October 9th at noon
- Mason County Historical Society‘s history tidbit this week: Mason County originally began in the 1850s, named in honor of Stevens T. Mason who came from Virginia under an appointment as the secretary of the treasury of Michigan. It was organized by an act of legislature at a session in Lansing on January 3rd, 1855. The county was originally divided into 3 townships, Free Soil, Little Sable, and Pere Marquette by the natural division of the 3 rivers.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum shared a video of Yindi the Bearded Dragon eating her salad and a video of the Movement & Music series last week.
- The Library suggested some children’s books about bugs.
- WMOM was on the scene for all sorts of incidents this week… including the escaped cow saga, which is still unfolding. The cow is still on the loose, last seen off US10 near Muffler Man, east of Ludington.
They also announced that they will be starting a 80’s and 90’s Lunch Party hour weekday from noon to 1pm.
- Babe’s Candyland has more new candy in stock including dots, gummy frogs, and candy necklaces.
- Backstage Hobbies & Games has a game for all you Settlers of Catan lovers! How would you like to have your game be an actual terrain? Not only are the hexagons in amazing detail, but the town and city pieces are, too! This is complete with everything you need, as well as a great sorting tray for the resource and development cards.
- Book Mark asked everyone what their favorite brew flavor is : French Toast, Sumatra, Toasted Coconut, or Hazelnut
- Cedar Chest have new few fall styles that they have in the shop.
- Evergreen Natural Foods Market shared many new items in the shop including mugs, baskets, bracelets, throws, and more.
- Gliks announced new Disney themed Puravida bracelets and a new brand Parks Tees.
- HumaniTea has these beautiful hand-crafted bronzed lanterns in the shop.
- Instrumental Music has this new PRS Custom 24-08 10 Top.
- Ludington Yacht Sales showed us a 2020 Sea Ray 350 Sundancer Coupe Express Cruiser that they have on their list.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark has so many new fall items in stock including these candles and Worlds Softest Socks.
- My Sister’s Closet has coach wristlets and bags!
- Nautical Yarn are asking you to mark your calendars and plan on joining them for a very special Facebook “LIVE” preview this Sunday, September 19 at 4pm for a special preview of the Madeline Tosh Extras . These yarns are gorgeous and you won’t want to miss the special announcement Carole will be sharing with you.
They have also posted their fall newsletter and class schedule.
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique ‘s features this week included gingham dresses and tops, this adorable tractor onsie, and so many fall items!
- Sloaney’s has Name Drop jewelry back by popular demand.
- Spindrift Cyclesports is getting ready to order these sweet wool jerseys from Alchemist. They will come in between $125 -$140 depending on how many they order. They will be getting a few extra’s to have on hand but they’re trying to get a ballpark on quantity and sizes ahead of ordering. There should be a couple of samples at the shop by the end of the week to check out, so let them know if you want one!
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique reminded us that TODAY is the last day to pre-order these Pete & Lucy holiday outfits. They have the cutest, coziest sweatshirts for the upcoming cooler days. And check out these Halloween onsies!
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography explained the capturing of “Anticipating the Light“. Brad stood waiting for twenty minutes at Little Sable Point Lighthouse for the magic light to appear. He knew the potential for the super high definition light to present itself was likely, he just had to be in position and ready. It lasted three seconds! You can see the difference what September storm light makes in a scene in the second photo.
- Trailhead Bike Shop has the Trek Marlin 5-7 in stock and more on the way. Check out this video.
- Victoria’s Jewelry featured these constellation necklaces, which come in 14kt Gold (rose, white, and yellow) & Diamonds.
- Vintage Nutz will be popped up at Starving Artist Brewing Company this Sunday. They will be bringing some new and used records, cleaning kits, and accessories to sell on site. Bring your favorite albums with you and they will spin them while you enjoy your pints!
They also featured some vinyl they have available in the shop
- Windowsill reminded us that September is banned books month. They featured “The Handmaid’s Tale” which is banned and challenged for profanity and for “vulgarity and sexual overtones.” This classic novel was included on a reading list before the beginning of a twelfth-grade advanced placement literature and composition class at a north Atlanta suburb’s high school in Georgia. You’ll find a shelf with several banned books for sale in the store.
See who’s open on what days (check their pages for actual times, as they may vary due to staffing issues)
- Blu Moon Bistro // Key West Mac
- Cafe 106 // Cheese Broccoli w/ Bacon // Homemade Chicken Noodle // Loaded Bloody Mary
- Chef John’s // Fruit Pastries // Danish // Chicken Veggie Soup // Pumpkin Spice Cookies // Multigrain Bread
- Crown & Cork // Buttermilk Fried Chicken // Pumpkin Spice White Russian
9&10 News stopped by C&C this week for a segment with new executive chef Tyler Rolan that will air December 7th at 5pm.
They also announced the Dueling Pianos dates for the rest of the year.
- Jamesport Brewing Co // Hot Roast Beef Sandwich // Chimichanga // Fried Shrimp Platter
Take out is back!
- Kilwins // Hand-Paddled Fudge
Their famous Fudge recipes were developed by Don & Katy Kilwin in the late 40’s and are still used today. They’ve added new flavors, like best-selling Sea Salt Chocolate and Pumpkin Walnut Fudge, but every batch starts the same way it did over 70 years ago with Don & Katy’s recipe, cooked in a big copper kettle and hand-paddled on a marble slab. Stop by and watch them create your favorite flavor!
- Krave Frozen Yogurt // see what’s on tap as of September 15th
- Ludington Bay Brewing Co // Maple Pork Chops
LBBC will be at Manistee’s Hope & Props festival this weekend and food vendor Cluck Bucket will be making Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders with their Pineapple Cream Ale!
- Ludington Pub has Bells new Rind Over Matter on tap. It’s brewed with real orange and lemon zest, this wheat ale beer is just as bright & refreshing!
- Q Smokehouse // Brisket Chili // Chicken Corn Chowder
- Sportsman’s // Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Take out is back!
- Table 14 // ruby red filet of trout with whitefish mousse // house made apple and cream cheese stuffed egg rolls // pistachio encrusted pan seared tuna
- Timber’s Bar & Grill // Apple Bourbon Maple Glazed Pork Chop
- The Mitten Bar // the board as of September 13th
- Adora Studio of Hair showed us the process for painting ribbons of red and blonde for this soft blend.
- Northstar Fitness announced that Hot Power Yoga is back on Thursdays at 5:30pm and Connected Flow Yoga with Sara is back on Wednesdays at 5:30pm
- Northstar Chiropractic told us about infant adjustments.
- The Refinery is looking for patients that are willing to release their before and after photos on social media to help with their marketing campaign. If you’re interested, you can get a discount on services. Just PM them a full face picture in good lighting with little to no makeup. They plan to choose a person for lip augmentation, mid face/lower face filler, chemical peel, and Botox/Dysport.
Deal: Add lip filler to any procedure for $100 // Coupon: $50 off Botox
THURSDAY – SEPTEMBER 16
- Nat’l Cinnamon Raisin Bread Day – Have you had Old Hamlin’s?
- NAUTICAL YARN // Knit & Crochet on the Patio 1-3pm
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // Single Track Group Bike Ride // 6pm
FRIDAY – SEPTEMBER 17
- Nat’l Monte Cristo Day – Brenda’s and Cafe 106
- LACA // Memories of Me Art Quilt Workshop // 10am
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Craft Bags // 11am-3pm
- LEGACY PLAZA // Farmers Market // 3-7pm
- LUDINGTON BAY BREWING CO // Live Music feat. Kyle Brown // 6pm
- SANDBAR // Karaoke // 8pm
SATURDAY – SEPTEMBER 18
- Nat’l Cheeseburger Day
- SANDCASTLES // Decorate Supper Bags for the Kid’s Food Basket Program // 10am
- DANISH BROTHER HOOD (1014 S Madison St) // Live Music feat. Scottville Clown Band // 1-3pm
Monetary donation to enter. 50/50 raffle. Food & Beverages available for purchase. Proceeds to benefit local charities.
- SANDBAR // Live Music feat. Mr. Wahoo
SUNDAY – SEPTEMBER 19
- Nat’l Talk Like A Pirate Day
- SANDCASTLES // Sunday Funday // 12-4pm
- STARVING ARTIST BREWING // Vintage Nutz Pop Up Shop // 12-5pm
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
- LACA // 2022 Miss Ludington Area Scholarship Program // 4pm
- NAUTICAL YARN // Medeline Tosh Extras Preview // 4pm
MONDAY – SEPTEMBER 20
TUESDAY – SEPTEMBER 21
- Nat’l Chai Day // Head to HumaniTea!
- Taco Tuesday
- LUDINGTON FIRE DEPARTMENT // Car Seat Check Event // 11am – 1pm
Get your car seat checked by certified technicians. Learn how to install your child’s car seat or booster seat. Find out if it’s time for a change. Replacement car seats will be available while supplies last.
- STEARNS BEACH (NORTH END) // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // 6pm // Girls Bike Ride Night
- LACA // Courtyard Concert feat. Madeline Cooper // 7pm
- Happy Birthday to Aubry Healy from West Shore Bank
WEDNESDAY – SEPTEMBER 22
- First Day of Fall!
- Nat’l American Business Women’s Day
- Nat’l Girls’ Night
- Nat’l Ice Cream Cone Day // Kilwins will have BOGO scoops on cones! Buy a single waffle, get a double scoop free.