STAY IN THE LOOP
Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
CULTURE & MEDIA
- LACA has tickets on sale for the Michigan Mandolin Orchestra (Nov. 20 / $10-$15 / get tickets) and Full Cord Bluegrass (Nov. 12 / $15 ($20 at the door) / get tickets).
They also shared some shots from the macrame plant hanger workshop.
- Mason County Historical Society shared this photo of Ludington City Hall on Rath Avenue (between Ludington & Loomis) taken in the late 1800s. The fire house was at the bottom level. Ironically, the building was damaged in the fire of 1881.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum posted their fall hours (below). They had activities from Thomas Ronquillo last week and shared pics from Sunday Funday, stamping, and Yindi’s new hammock.
Friday: 9:30-1:00Saturday :9:30-3:00Sunday: 12:00-4:00Monday: 9:30-1:00
- The Library shared a “New Nonfiction” list.
- WMOM covered the opening of the new Manistee Hobbies store, an expansion of our Ludington Hobbies store.
- ABC Kidz has extended their bag sale (fill one for $10 on all $1 items) until the racks are gone.
- Babe’s Candyland featured jawbreakers, candy cigarettes, and Chick-o-Sticks this week.
- Backstage Hobbies & Games has these cute stuffies in the store. They also play music while their horns light up! On top of that, they have different scents: grape, strawberries, and caramel. They also have the Innistrad Midnight Hunt in stock. They have boosters, bundles, commander decks and more.
- Book Mark featured a few book cases and a beautiful coffee drink.
- Cedar Chest ‘s Natalie spent some time on WMOM talking to Chris about fashion trends… what is flying out the door and what’s not.
Fall Hours: 11-6pm Monday-Saturday, 12-4pm on Sunday
- Everest Athleisure is ready for fall… and the start of bow season on Friday with this camo gear from Scentlock.
- Evergreen Natural Foods Market has everything you need for baking season! And for those of you who will miss Dark Water coffee from the Farmer’s Market… they now carry it at the store.
- Gliks has Simply Totes in stock. Hurry before they are gone! They also shared this cute fall outfit.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark has birdfeeders!
- Maude’s fall hours are 12-5pm daily or by appointment. They have hand-crafted fall items at the shop. They also have these unique notepads repurposed from album covers.
- Nautical Yarn featured more B&Bs participating in their Love Knitting Weekend (Nov. 5-7): Ludington House and Lamplighter. You can get more info about this fun weekend on their website.
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique has new Mudpie in stock, as well as this new “Pickled” print from Magnetic Me.
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique has a great selection of unique art supplies and sustainably made toys that will encourage creativity and imaginative play. And the new Pete & Lucy collections have hit the webshop.
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography‘s Picture Perfect workshop can now be purchased and completed online! With over seven and a half hours of video instruction, you will learn all of Todd and Brad Reed’s and Rachel Gaudette’s secrets to operating your camera on full manual mode.
- Trailhead Bike Shop shared their new fall hours:
Monday & Tuesday 10am-6pmWednesday CLOSEDThursday & Friday 10am-6pmSaturday 10am-3pmSunday CLOSED
- Victoria’s Jewelry shared this grid asking for votes to help them choose some fall items for the store. Let them know which is your favorite. Jen loves #2.
- Windowsill told us that The Giving Tree was banned from a public library in Colorado in 1988 because it was interpreted as being sexist. Some readers believe that the young boy continually takes from the female tree, without ever giving anything in return.
Their book club will meet October 20th at 2pm at the store to discuss VOX, which is available for $6.99. Get more info in their newsletter.
See who is open on which days here.
*featured special, not on the menu
- Blu Moon Bistro // Beef Picate Tacos
- Cafe 106 // Cheeseburger Soup // Pumpkin Pancakes
- Chef John’s // Quiche // Pastries // German Rye // Chef Salad // Kickin’ Chicken Cherry Salad // Mediterranean Salad // Grilled Brie & Bacon
- Crown & Cork is now taking reservations!
- HumaniTea has a 4-page feature in The Pike Magazine, which is an exceptional way to vicariously experience the rich and diverse adventures of Michigan’s coastal region.
- Kilwins posted a WHOLE BUNCH of offers on Facebook, like “Buy a Quart of Ice Cream and be entered to WIN a 3 GALLON TUB of ice cream!” and four more offers to take advantage of.
- Krave Frozen Yogurt announced that Hot Cocoa Bombs are coming soon!
- Ludington Bay Brewing Co co-presented our Octoberfest again this year and it was a fantastic day!
- Q Smokehouse now has handhelds, like these wings, which you can get with BBQ, Red Hot, or Thai Chili Peanut.
- Sportsman’s // *Beach Tacos
And… the Halloween decor is up!
- The Mitten Bar // The board as of September 27th
- Adora Studio of Hair talked more about Balayage: It Creates a soft seamless blend. It’s gentler on the hair than traditional lighteners. It grows out so well allowing for significantly more time in between visits. Plus it’s super fun and lighter on your hair than foil. This beautiful head of hair was painted with sunlights balayage clay based lightener.
- Northstar Chiropractic taught us that the nervous system controls and coordinates all of the organs and structures of the body, so making sure you are free of subluxation allows the nervous system to function the way it was meant to.
- Northstar Fitness added a new Strength Flow yoga class. It’s a powerful class with holding poses, dynamic transitions, and builds on a primary series of poses. It’s perfect for building strength, stamina, and gaining confidence in your practice.
- The Refinery is offering BooTox parties this month! The host gets a marked reduction and guests get 10% off BOTOX. Heather stopped in for a treatment this week and we’ll be sharing the video on the show next week!
- West Shore Bank is proud of Tiffany and Lisa, their tellers who were voted Gold and Silver in the LDN Reader’s Choice awards.
THURSDAY – SEPTEMBER 30
- Nat’l Hot Mulled Cider Day – Hit up Red Rooster!
- LACA // Handmade Clay Pumpkin Workshop // 6pm
- ONLINE // 2021 Annual Chamber Awards // 7pm
- Happy Birthday to Phil Riggs, our local pirate
FRIDAY – OCTOBER 1
- Nat’l Hair Day – Make an appointment with one of our salons or barbers.
- Homemade Cookies Day – Chef John’s, The Q Smokehouse, and Wesco have house-made cookies.
- World Manufacturing Day – Thank you House of Flavor’s Manufacturing for supporting Downtown Ludington! You can support us, too! Learn more here.
- SANDCASTLES // Friday Toddler Time // 10-11am
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Craft Bags // 11am-3pm pickup
- LIBRARY // First Friday Adult Craft Bags: New Sew Pumpkin // 11am-3pm pickup
- LUDINGTON BAY BREWING // Live Music feat. Jimmy Dodson // 6pm
- SANDBAR // Karaoke & DJ // 8pm
SATURDAY – OCTOBER 2
- Nat’l Name Your Car Day
- Nat’l Custodial Worker’s Recognition Day – Thanks, Pat at City Hall!
- LACA // Coptic Bookbinding Workshop // 10am
- SANDCASTLES // Recycle Creation Station // 11am
- CEDAR CHEST // Bag Sale // 11am-6pm
- SANDBAR // Live Music feat. Shotman Band // 8pm
- Happy Birthday to Ben Paetz and Stephen Plummber, both local musicians.
SUNDAY – OCTOBER 3
- SANDCASTLES // Sunday Funday // 12-4pm
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
- Happy Birthday to Jason Lockeman at Jamesport
MONDAY – OCTOBER 4
- Nat’l Cinnamon Bun Day – Start your day at Chef John’s with a cinnamon bun for breakfast.
- Nat’l Consignment Day – Stop into My Sister’s Closet, The Cedar Chest, ABC Kidz to shop.
- Nat’l Taco Day – Have a taco dinner at the Blu Moon
- Nat’l Vodka Day – and while you’re at it, might as well have a vodka drink!
- SANDCASTLES // Music & Movement // 10am
- MITTEN BAR // Mug Club Day
- LACA // Shifting Landscapes Lecture: The Individual: Who Am I? // 7-8:30pm
Mason County District Library and the nonprofit Abondia Center are pleased to announce Shifting Landscapes, a free new public lecture series, examining fallout from Covid-19 and many other events that have occurred over the past 20 months.
- Happy Birthday to Mike Luusua, local musician.
TUESDAY – OCTOBER 5
- Nat’l Do Something Nice Day
- Taco Tuesday
- SANDCASTLES // Toddler Tuesday
- JAMES STREET PLAZA // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
- LACA // Courtyard Concert feat. Evan Allan // 7pm
WEDNESDAY – OCTOBER 6