Photo of the Week
Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #DowntownLudington and your photo could be featured!
WEEK IN REVIEW
CULTURE & MEDIA
- 9&10 News interviewed Downtown Ludington business owners Jeff Hodges from Provisions and Ghada Karadsheh from Luciano Ristoranti regarding staffing issues and the end of the unemployment benefits in Michigan. Watch here.
- Great Lakes Energy published an article about Road Tripping in the Ford Mustang Mach-E by area radio and TV personality, Christal Frost, which featured several downtown businesses and area attractions.
- LACA announced that they’ve added yoga with Mandy on Mondays and Wednesdays and a new online class: The Artist Way. Instructor Lisa Lehman will lead students through author Julia Cameron’s book ‘The Artist’s Way’ to overcome the beliefs and fears that inhibit the creative process and to flourish in their lives and work. Students must provide their own copy of ‘The Artist’s Way,’ available at Amazon or your favorite book seller. This is an interactive class that will be taught on Zoom. The class will meet each Monday, Sept. 27 through Dec. 13 from 6-8 p.m. Cost of the workshop is $50 for LACA members and $55 for non-members. Register online.
- Mason County Historical Society posted this photo of the 1917 Labor Day parade in Downtown Ludington.
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum started their fall hours: Friday- 9:30-1:00, Saturday- 9:30-3:00, Sunday- 12:00-4:00, Monday- 9:30-1:00. Fall Memberships are available for 2021 $40.00!
- The Library announced their fall hours (Mon-Fri 9am-6pm and Sat 9am-1pm). They made some upcoming books to “leaf” through this fall.
- WMOM ‘s Chris Nicholas has returned to the air after recovering from illness.
Ready to win cash! Every Weekday Morning September 6th through September 17th we’re giving away $102.70 in cash DAILY. Below, we posted the answers to the questions we will ask each day next week. All you have to do is call in when you hear the cue to call sometime between 6:45am and 7:45am. If you’re the correct caller and have the keyword, you win! We’ll also tell you the keywords on the air too, just in case you forget. It’s the easiest way to win from 102.7 WMOM.
- Avenue’s End Mini Mall is still open every day and they have new merchandise in the booths.
- Babe’s Candyland keeps adding more candy!
- Backstage Hobbies & Games has a fun new game that involves shaking some popcorn dice and getting the perfect popcorn to get the highest score! You don’t want to shake them too much, though, or you might end up burning it! This is a fun, fast pace game that goes around 10-15 minute, for 2-6 players, and starting around the age of 7.
- Book Mark has cute new logo bags. They also showed us some of the kids books they have in stock. And with less daylight hours, it’s the perfect time to grab a puzzle and snuggle up with a tasty treat from the coffee counter.
- Cedar Chest reminded us that well behaved dogs are always welcome in the shop!
- Everest Athleisure will be celebrating their 1 Year Anniversary with a Sip & Shop event on Friday. There will be specials and giveaways all weekend long.
- Evergreen Natural Foods Market featured shampoo & conditioner products this week. Acure Shampoo and Conditioner is gently formulated for those who need to wash their hair daily. HiBAR is a a solid bar shampoo and conditioner perfect for those looking to reduce their plastic use.
- Giving Tree Garden Center has closed for the season. Watch for them to re-open next May!
- Gliks posted some fall outfits on Instagram.
- Ludington Hobbies has a whole table of clearance items!
- Ludington Paint & Glass showed us a couple bathroom remodels. Brass is back with class!
- Ludington Wood & Craft is now open Wednesday – Saturday. They have new cutting boards and shelves available.
- Ludington Yacht Sales has a Donzi on their list right now.
- Mariellen’s Hallmark has some super cute Halloween Gnomes and fall pumpkin lanterns in the store, as well as this new necklace.
- My Sister’s Closet has a large rack of formals in the shop right now, perfect for homecoming.
- Nautical Yarn has started their 20th year in business! Since they opened, yarn has changed, patterns have changed, technology has changed… they’ve met so many amazing friends along the way (that hasn’t changed)! It’s been quite the journey, and they’re thankful you’re here supporting us. They have a 20th year of surprises planned for all of YOU! On the 20th of each month a special “something” will occur. It’s going to be fun!
- Purple Monkey Children’s Boutique has some adorable fall outfits for girls and boys and Halloween PJs on the racks right now.
- Sloaney’s posted a back to school pic of Big Foot rocking his backpack.
- Snyder’s Shoes shared the Cloudswift by On, which is engineered for urban running. It’s light on weight but big on energy return and durability. Temperature resistant, it provides the same unrivaled performance in hot and cold conditions. Durable rubber reinforcements provide high traction at high speed, even on wet roads.
- Sunset Bay Antiques have moved to their fall hours (Fri-Sun).
- Sweet Peach Children’s Boutique can get you and your kids ready for sweater weather (and check out that candle!). They also have a new addition to the shop: Cecelia Rose recycled prints. “We preserve old books one page at a time with personal and inspiring messages of love, hope & strength. Each item is lovingly created using vintage books saved from library recycling.”. AND a reminder that they are in their new location at 323 S James St next to Victoria’s Jewelry.
- The Lake. The Life. The Dream. now has these super cute Spyder Munkee hand made bathing suits. These are exclusively sold here in Ludington with sizes Extra Small – Extra Large.
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography showed off a custom frame for “Sunflower Storm” done by Rob from Timeless Picture Framing, which is located in the Reed’s gallery. They also showed off three shots of the front cloud from Tuesday’s mid-day storm.
- Trailhead Bike Shop added new logo merch to the shop this week.
- Victoria’s Jewelry reminded us that September’s birthstone is the sapphire, the gemstone available in every color of the rainbow.
- Windowsill warned us that once you open this book, there is NO turning back.
You will have THREE chances to escape this ancient Egyptian tomb. You must choose a path first:Pharaoh: Want to be the top ruler of ancient Egypt? Choose this path and become one of history’s greatest pharaohs.Pyramid worker: You’ve built some of the world’s most amazing monuments. Will that help you escape before being turned into a mummy?Archaeologist: You make incredible discoveries, and you’re about to enter an ancient, hidden tomb . . . but can you discover a way out?In the Escape This Book! series, YOU are the star of history! Doodle your way through adventures as you decide the best path for survival.
Their new fall hours are Mon-Sat 10a-5pm, Sunday 11a-3p.
- Blu Moon Bistro has closed the upper deck for the season and they are hiring.
- Chef John’s // cubano // black eyed pea salad // sweet potato salad // Thai cole slaw // John’s slaw // pineapple cherry pastries
- Crown & Cork is hiring hosts, food runners, and a general manager. // lamb meatballs
- House of Flavors is back to their quiet season hours, open 7 days a week Mon-Thurs 10a-8:30p, Fri-Sat 10a-9p, Sun 10a-3p).
- HumaniTea // September Drink of the Month: Apple Strudel Steamer
- Jamesport Brewing Co has brought back daily specials, online ordering, and take-out for the quiet season.
- Kilwins // Limited Edition Blueberry Waffle Cone Ice Cream
- Krave Frozen Yogurt announced fall hours: Wed-Fri 3-8pm, Sat 12-8pm, Sun 12-7pm
- Luciano Ristoranti fall hours: Mon & Thurs 12-8pm, Fri & Sat 12-9pm
- Ludington Bay Brewing Co has James Street Brown on tap.
- Red Rooster Coffee // pumpkin spice latte
- Table 14 // blackened salmon with peach mango glaze // brûléed pan seared halibut // gnocchi & sweet potatoes // grillades & grits // tortilla encrusted whitefish
- Timber’s Bar & Grill is hiring // surf & turf // steak & fries // steak & asparagus // lobster & asparagus
- Adora Studio of Hair‘s Angie attended a virtual hair show. She said “Investing in my education is not only so much fun but it is so important to help me to continue to bring you all the new techniques, products and looks you so deserve. “
- M. Wellness has a new Full Body Strength Training class on Mon/Wed/Fri from 9’9:30am with Madison. They also have a Back To School special running thru September.
Drop In Class: $10, 5 Class Punch Card: $55, 10 Class Punch Card: $90, Sign up on MindBody today!
THURSDAY – SEPTEMBER 9
- Nat’l School Picture Day
- NAUTICAL YARN // Knit & Crochet on the Patio 1-3pm
- LACA // Yoga // 5:30pm
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // Single Track Group Bike Ride // 6pm
- SANDBAR // Karaoke // 8pm
- Happy Birthday to Josh K from The Grand
FRIDAY – SEPTEMBER 10
- Nat’l TV Dinner Day
- SANDCASTLES // Toddler Time // 10a-12p
- LIBRARY // Family Fun Craft Bags // 11am-3pm
This week’s Fun Friday Family craft bag includes tracing, coloring, scavenger hunts, and more! Pick one up outside of either of our libraries between 11 am and 3 pm
- EVEREST ATHLEISURE // Sip & Shop Anniversary Event // 12-5:30pm
Specials and giveaways all weekend.
- LEGACY PLAZA // Farmers Market // 3-7pm
- SANDBAR // Live Music feat. Wayland // 6pm
- Happy Birthday to Eric Engblade
SATURDAY – SEPTEMBER 11
- Nat’l Patriot Day honors the memory of the nearly 3,000 innocent victims who died in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Each year Americans dedicate this day to remembering those who died and the first responders who risked their own lives to save others. This year is the 20th anniversary of the attacks.
In commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 @911Memorial is offering libraries a free digital poster exhibition and resources, “September 11, 2001: The Day That Changed the World.” Learn more at https://911memorial.io/3ytYgnj
- SANDCASTLES // Hot Air Balloon Craft // 10a-1p
- SANDBAR // Live Music feat. Distracted // 8pm
- Happy Birthday to Donna Y from West Shore Bank and Tracie D from North Pointe Legal
SUNDAY – SEPTEMBER 12
- Nat’l Video Games Day
- SANDCASTLES // Sunday Funday // 12-4pm
- LACA // Oil Painting w/ Justin David Gustafson // 1-4pm
MONDAY – SEPTEMBER 13
- Nat’l Celiac Disease Awareness Day – many of our restaurants offer Gluten Free options.
- SANDCASTLES // Music & Movement Kindermusik // 10-11am
- MITTEN BAR // Mug Club Night // 5pm
- LACA // Yoga // 5:30pm
TUESDAY – SEPTEMBER 14
- Nat’l Cream Filled Doughnut Day – Head to WESCO!
- Taco Tuesday
- SANDCASTLES // Toddler Tuesday
- LACA // Knittin at the Mitten in the Courtyard // 6-9pm
- STEARNS BEACH (NORTH END) // Lud Pub Run Club // 6pm
- SPINDRIFT CYCLESPORTS // 6pm // Girls Bike Ride Night
- Happy Birthday to Dawn B from Sandbar
WEDNESDAY – SEPTEMBER 15
- Nat’l Double Cheeseburger Day
- Greenpeace Day
- THE GRAND // Chicken & Dumpling Day
- Ludington Bay // Mug Member Day
- LACA // Evening Jam Session // 6pm
- LACA // Yoga // 7pm