The City of Ludington provides 5 dumpster locations throughout the DDA. These dumpsters are emptied daily Monday-Friday during peak season and Monday, Wednesday, Friday during non-peak season.
FOR DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES & RESIDENTS ONLY!
$500 fine for non-resident dumping.
AM I A DOWNTOWN RESIDENT? View the map.
Each location has a container for general trash and cardboard.
Please break cardboard boxes down flat.
Each DDA address is allowed to dispose of two yards of trash per week.
This includes cardboard.
- Two cubic yards of dumpster space equals approximately 400 gallons of material
- (4) 96 gallon containers
- (9) 44 gal bags
- (12) 32 gal bags
- (27) 15 gal kitchen bags
- If the dumpster nearest to you is full, please use one of the other 4 locations.
Do not place bags outside of dumpsters or corrals.
COMMERCIAL DISPOSAL OF BULKY ITEMS
STEP 1: Determine if the item is eligible.
- Commercial appliances are not eligible for the bulky item or Freon sticker as they are larger and weigh more than residential units. Business are advised to take (or hire someone to take) large commercial appliances to Padnos on US10.
- If it is not a commercial appliance, continue to STEP 2
STEP 2: Purchase a “Bulky Item” sticker
- For bulky items that are not commercial appliances, businesses may purchase a “Bulky Item Sticker”.
- WHERE? City Hall – 400 S Harrison St
- WHEN? Monday through Friday 8am-5pm
- HOW MUCH? $15 per item, limit 5 items per week
STEP 3: Take the item to the “Bulky Item” collection spot.
- Do not place items for collection prior to 5:00 pm Tuesday Night, before the first Wednesday of each month.
- All items must be tagged with a bulky item sticker
- Please place items on the south side, outside of the Dumpster 2 corral. See a map with labels here.
The following option is discouraged, as downtown sidewalks should be trash free. Using the public dumpsters listed above is preferred.
If your business is on South James Street – you may place refuse curbside at your location on Thursday mornings, after 6 am. Republic Service will be around for removal between 7 am. and 2 pm, weekly. Due to the location and business traffic- we ask that you not place it at the curb earlier than stated, and if your garbage
is not removed, you remove it from the curbside and contact Republic Waste Directly (231-723-4850), to inquire.